Would meeting in Marlborough be better or worse for you?

Does this sound better or worse???

• Marlborough is a better place to meet for me.

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Marlborough is a worse place to meet for me.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Where is Marlborough?

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
mikestod...exactly

i have not attended a meeting yet, because of location...
maybe not a permenant move but now and then would be fun for me!

Cliff Tishler said:
Does the New England Aquarium have any meeting rooms?

They do have some nice size rooms and we have met ther before. Im not sure what they cost to use but after macna and all they may want to give us a deal. It was the parking that left a sting though...

Marlboro, Marlboro, Marlboro, Marlboro, Marlboro, Marlboro! :D

I think we should switch off from Wakefield and Marlborough. There is a lot more members from RI, NH and western/central MA then there used to be. I think it would be convenient for a lot of members to meet here in Marlborough once in a while.

Gumhead said:
Marlboro, Marlboro, Marlboro, Marlboro, Marlboro, Marlboro! :D

I think we should switch off from Wakefield and Marlborough. There is a lot more members from RI, NH and western/central MA then there used to be. I think it would be convenient for a lot of members to meet here in Marlborough once in a while.
I like Daves suggestion as the vote seems to be very close so far.

I agree voting is very close. I think switching it around is a great idea. I Just dont agree that the library in wakefield is the place anymore. It is a fine place, (and free too) but we have obviously outgrown it. Maybe we can find a new place out that way too? I bet Woburn has some good size places if nothing else is in wakefield?

of course I like it too, its closer then wakefield, I would be up for it. Reefsmurf, if you can get a date booked at the BPL then we could have a meeting there too, we should mix it up as greg said to see different faces. If you want it in your area, you do the leg work to make it happen as stangs is here. just my opinion.

I think trying to alternate between a North Shore, South Shore & West "Shore" meeting location would be a good idea

:D Ummmm... Okay...twist my arm. I'll have ya back for a beer or 12....but you can't laugh at the state of my reef. It's been an aweful summer for me and it is in shambles.

Anyone care to donate Macro or a detri-boost? When my RO/DI flooded the system, my sump/fugium turned to mush, including countless baby brittles and copes. Funny how fresh water makes them 'splode ;)

Dave

PS....Armando.. I LOVE the tag line there. Something we should all keep in mind eh?

Thank you Dave. BTW I have some chaeto I can bring. Not a huge amount though (my fuge is a small hang-on).

Scuba_Dave said:
I think trying to alternate between a North Shore, South Shore & West "Shore" meeting location would be a good idea

mixing it up is the fairest way and best way to get new blood, ideas, and thoughts not to mention new frags!

gonna start a new poll thread - 'whose never been to a meeting'

I agree that mixing it up is the fairest solution, it's something we've tried to do in
the past and should do more of in the future.

Being from New Hampshah, Wakefield worked out well for me. I agree it's a good idea, though, to accommodate everyone with alternating sites. As long as I can do 80+mph (while keeping one eye open for radar:D) it helps to cut traveling time.

jciwlsn said:
Being from New Hampshah, Wakefield worked out well for me. I agree it's a good idea, though, to accommodate everyone with alternating sites. As long as I can do 80+mph

Hey now...we'll have no BRS folk lost to accidents! Slow and easy...just like starting a new tank.

(while keeping one eye open for radar:D)

Plus... why would you want to open Darren and put a radar in 'em anyways? :)

Dave

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back