Wrasse help

bwils

BRS Member
I need some advice, I have a large black leopard (BL) wrasse that recently transitioned to male. I recently put a yellow eye kole tang in my DT with the BL and he disappeared in the sand, that was a week and a half ago. The BL came out today and started freaking out flashing at the surface trying to jump from the tank, he quickly went back into the sand. The tang was not bothering him and I have other wrasses in the tank that are much smaller (ornate leopard and pintail) they don't mind the new tang at all.

Any suggestions on what to do, should I let the new round of hiding play out, should I try to find the wrasse in the sand bed and move the tang or the wrasse to a QT, should I put one of them in an acclimation box if so which one?

I'm sure the wrasse comes out from time to time when you aren't looking, as long as you have a cover so it can't jump out. Putting him in qt tank would be more stress on top of what is stressing it now.

Thanks, kinda what I was thinking. Just let it be. Should I think about getting rid of one or do you think it will eventually work itself out.

Yeah keep things consistent and invest in a lid......if she turned male then he got comfy being BMOC and now the new tang is invading his turf

I have a lid, it definitely saved him today when he went crazy. I’ll keep as is. Thanks

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back