Wrought iron stand

candykid

Non-member
I'm getting ready to setup my tank again and just trying to get everything in order. The tank is a 80 gallon shallow tank. It has a wrought iron stand what can I put under the legs so it doesn't dig into the hard wood? Thanks

You can get rubber pads, you could go to home depot and get pergo flooring sample squares that you could probably color/species match pretty well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

You can get rubber pads, you could go to home depot and get pergo flooring sample squares that you could probably color/species match pretty well.

Thanks for the reply I'm going to check out the pergo squares tonight. Is there an advantage to pergo over the rubber?

Thanks for the reply I'm going to check out the pergo squares tonight. Is there an advantage to pergo over the rubber?
The rubber will out last the pergo most likely. Probably the safest bet.

If you add a steel plate over some rubber it probably be better than putting the legs on the rubber. The legs will most likely go through the rubber and cause havoc. Assuming it has legs and not a full framed bottom

Yea it has legs but the base of the legs are just like straight not much to them. What kinda ND of rubber should I get? I can weld a plate to each leg

I would get thin rubber like the stuff from a gym. Wouldn’t go to thick since it’s just for floor protection.

I would get thin rubber like the stuff from a gym. Wouldn’t go to thick since it’s just for floor protection.
Ok cool thanks I'm going to get the steel and get the stand to my work to weld it next week and I think I found the rubber I'm going to use. Now to get a few more items for the tank and the plumbing to the basement inline and I'll be ready to go. I'll start a build thread when I get it all together

My brother makes and repairs some of the equipment we have. he has designed some custom stuff, like conveyor lines and such. never for one of my tanks tho.

Nothing fancy but forgot to put pics of the feet I made for the stand

Attachments

• IMG_20180419_200245.jpg
    IMG_20180419_200245.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20180419_200234.jpg
    IMG_20180419_200234.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 227
Thanks it was the easiest way I could think of plus I can raise and lower the light by changing two pipes

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back