Yikes! It pays to be prepared.

reefkeeper2

BRS Member
Today I noticed my return pump was slowing down. Not a lot , just the RPMs on the indicator showed a slight decrease. It's odd so I figured I would give it a cleaning just in case. I cleaned it good, reinstalled it in the sump, plugged it in and... nothing. The controller just blinked at me. No error code or anything just blinks. Uh oh. So now it's a mad dash to the phone to call Royal Exclusive to get some support. Scott was great and said the words I was afraid I would hear. The controller was dead. But the new one won't get here till Monday night. So out comes the backup. I always have a backup pump no matter how supposedly wonderful the main pump is reported to be. It's one of those been there done that type of things. It's a cheap BLDC pump made in China, but it's on and it's working and it's keeping my tank alive till next week. You can't afford to get caught with your pants down in this hobby. I'm going to be a little bit nervous until next monday.

Good catch, that could’ve gone bad in so many ways. Prepare for the worst, expect the best :)

how many extra tanks do you have in case of leaks? :D

my number is embarrassing. i'll put it this way...i have one tank currently up and running with no fish in it yet, and 5 times that in spare tanks :D

2 of which are twice the capacity of my running tank!

Reefkeeper2...I think you are the guy on youtube im thinking of...and if u are, then you have my absolute favorite tank! and no bs its a huge part of the reason i got into the hobby! After seeing your tank, and then my other friend from the forums, Adam convinced me! Here i am a year later w a 125 as my first reef tank!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back