Zoa not opening

absolutecarrot

Non-member
I got a new zoanthid ( rainbow Incinerator) four or five days ago and it has not opening. I placed it were I am making my zoa garden, I have two other zoas that are doing very well. All the coral in my tank seem very happy, am my levels are fine. It is in moderate light and moderate flow. If you have any advice of how long you think it will take to open please tell me. Thanks

Dip them in flatworm exit.
If these were fresh cut, they may need to heal for a while.
Did you dip them upon their arrival? Ask the seller to see if they were dipped before gave them to you.

In this case, dip it with Seachem reefdip. When zoas go into new tank, it may get an bacteria infection due to the environmental change. Also ask the seller to see what lighting conditions these zoas were under, they may simply need to adjust to your light if your light is stronger.

The bottom line is that if the zoas are not melting, they are fine.

In this case, dip it with Seachem reefdip. When zoas go into new tank, it may get an bacteria infection due to the environmental change. Also ask the seller to see what lighting conditions these zoas were under, they may simply need to adjust to your light if your light is stronger.

The bottom line is that if the zoas are not melting, they are fine.

Ok thanks for the advice I don’t have that dip but Mabey I’ll get some

D030C4E0-18E9-4D48-AAC2-1C943A8C4E5D.jpeg
You can use CVS iodine to make a light tea color solution and dip the zoas for 10 minutes.

They could also be shedding. I notice my zoas go through a shed every so often and they close up for a day or two

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back