WTB Established Small (1-2lb) Piece of Live Rock or Live Rock Rubble

jfoahs04

Non-member
I'm getting back into the hobby and starting up a nano this weekend. I'm mostly using dry rock and NSW in the tank, but I'm looking for a small piece (a pound or so) of established live rock or even a handful of rubble to seed the tank and help the initial cycle along. Anyone in the immediate Boston area (Boston, East Boston, Cambridge, Somerville, Revere, Winthrop, Medford, Malden, Everett) have some they'd be willing to sell? Alternatively, I'm open to suggestions for a LFS around here that has a good, established, and relatively parasite-free supply. I've been out of the hobby for more than 5 years and I haven't had a tank since I moved to Boston so I'm unfamiliar with the local shops.

I'd love something covered in coralline, bonus points if there's a hardy polyp or mushroom or two that might survive a cycle.

I'm flexible on price (PM me) and available to pickup tomorrow and Friday after 5 and Saturday AM. Thanks.

I have some established rock sitting in my qt tank that I pulled out of my display tank this week but im out in central ma.

Thanks - probably not doable this weekend, but if you're still interested in selling in a few weeks (and it's available), I may reach out.

If anyone in the Boston area has some small(ish) pieces of cured live rock that that they're willing to part with, I'm looking for another piece or two. I've got a great start thanks to a couple of awesome reefers here but I've got room for another little bit. Approximately baseball to softball size would be great. Some existing hardy growth (sponges, soft corals, etc. - this tank is new and not yet mature.) and good hitchikers would be a plus, but not necessary. I'm in East Boston but willing to meet up in the evenings in/around the region. Just let me know what you've got and how much you're looking to get for it.

Also, if anyone knows a LFS in the area that has good cured live rock, I'm open to suggestions for going that route too.

If anyone in the Boston area has some small(ish) pieces of cured live rock that that they're willing to part with, I'm looking for another piece or two. I've got a great start thanks to a couple of awesome reefers here but I've got room for another little bit. Approximately baseball to softball size would be great. Some existing hardy growth (sponges, soft corals, etc. - this tank is new and not yet mature.) and good hitchikers would be a plus, but not necessary. I'm in East Boston but willing to meet up in the evenings in/around the region. Just let me know what you've got and how much you're looking to get for it.

Also, if anyone knows a LFS in the area that has good cured live rock, I'm open to suggestions for going that route too.
Check out All Things Aquatic in Foxboro. I'm sure Kevin can help you out and you won't be disappointed in his stock.

Check out All Things Aquatic in Foxboro. I'm sure Kevin can help you out and you won't be disappointed in his stock.
Thanks! I was actually just there yesterday to buy a Kraken lid for my nano. I might have missed it (and should have asked), but I didn't see any live rock for sale. They did have some awesome coral and fish, and the dry rock selection was huge. The shark tank was fun to look at too.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back