UNS 60S Shallow Reef

Quick update:

Macro algae are thriving, I've been having to dose Ca+ and nitrates to keep up with the growth but its been paying off dividends. I am dealing with a cyano outbreak but it seems to be getting better now finally.

Been having issues with jumpers, so decided no more clowns. Meet the little white spotted puffer I added yesterday. Such a cool fish!

I'll be doing some microscope work this weekend and will update with pictures then too!
Screenshot_20220517-204748_Instagram.jpg

Picked up either 2 female Yasha Gobies today...or one female and a young male. Both were aquacultured too! I've been having issues with jumping with new additions so I'm making a makeshift, corner jump-guard until these guys are settled with the pistol shrimp (they're already going into his burrows).

The macro algae is slowly growing in and filling up the tank how I want it, I need to spend some time trying to get nice photos soon, my pictures aren't doing it justice lately which is why my posts have been few and far between :oops:

Microscope work has been going on, just haven't had any pictures I thought would be worth sharing lately. This may change tomorrow though ;)
6.22.22_Yasha_Goby_Jump-guard.jpeg

all of the Macro algae are growing well, they've really started to pop the last couple of weeks. I was struggling with the calciferous macros for a while but now they are visibly growing and the ones I thought I lost are starting to grow as well (minus one loss). I've been noticing a substantial amount of pods lately too so I definitely should be able to get some worth while microscope shots soon.

I need to get something to block the window glare. Sorry.
6.25.22.jpg

I also posted three videos of what some of my microscope findings show in real time. Check them out here as I cannot post them to these forums for some reason.
mirco1.jpg
micro2.jpg
micro3.jpg

In the process of moving and starting a new fish room. There will be updates and a new build soon.

Morning light shot of the mangroves.
A7FF642B-97AF-4D2A-832F-3375750E6088.jpeg
I’ve had this live rock curing for an upgrade the past 18 months or so. I’ll be adding this to a 57 gallon I’ve had for over a year now. Going to be a SPS dominated tank. There may be a much larger upgrade coming in the near future but I need something to keep me occupied in the mean time. The system will be set up to ultimately be an easy transition into a QT system
1C742E1D-BDB7-4EE4-A450-8D8AF25228D2.jpeg

***UPDATE***

-The lagoon is currently down, all the live stock was given away and will be restarted as a softie/ LPS paradise...as early as tomorrow.

-I'm setting up my old trusty 5 gallon cube as a rock anemone garden where I plan on keeping a pair of yasha gobies with a paired pistol shrimp.

-The 57 gallon I was going to turn into an SPS tank is going to become an anemone tank

-I will be setting up a 40B to be a frag tank

-I bit the bullet and bought a waterbox 105.4 with 2x Radion XR30 Pro's that will be set up in the coming weeks once delivered and that journey will be catalogued as well as the other tanks.

I have a fish room at my new house in planning that will be mostly freshwater but the room (basement) needs some work before I start building racks and shelves.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Dang! The lagoon was looking sweet, but sounds like you've got plenty planned! Are you going to make the waterbox an SPS tank?

***UPDATE***

-The lagoon is currently down, all the live stock was given away and will be restarted as a softie/ LPS paradise...as early as tomorrow.

-I'm setting up my old trusty 5 gallon cube as a rock anemone garden where I plan on keeping a pair of yasha gobies with a paired pistol shrimp.

-The 57 gallon I was going to turn into an SPS tank is going to become a quarantine tank right away

-I will be setting up a 40B to be a frag tank

-I bit the bullet and bought a waterbox 105.4 with 2x Radion XR30 Pro's that will be set up in the coming weeks once delivered and that journey will be catalogued as well as the other tanks.

I have a fish room at my new house in planning that will be mostly freshwater but the room (basement) needs some work before I start building racks and shelves.

Stay tuned.
Let the competition begin mate ;)

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back