Event 2023 Frag Farmers Market | March 4th | 10-4 | E.O. Smith High School | Storrs, CT

Added to Calendar: 03-04-23

Great show, my bubble tip already looking happy, could’ve spent Thousands there

Attachments

• 8AC4715B-4223-40FA-A934-93C2E5C8B51B.jpeg
    8AC4715B-4223-40FA-A934-93C2E5C8B51B.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 97
Wanna hear a fun one? Got home with my fire shrimp, left him drip acclimating on the side table next to my tank, went into the kitchen, and then heard a crash a few minutes later. The Cat decided to knock him and the container off, spilling cat treats all over the shrimp, had to dig to find him. Put him in the tank, just target fed at dinner time and doing well just missing one limb smh

Last edited:
I dripped my new yellow banded possum wrasse then while transferring him to the tank he jump out of my hand onto the floor :-( hopefully he makes it.

That’s the one I wanted…lol! Couldn’t find a freaking ATM….good luck with him….it was perfect size…
Thanks man! I was actually about to run across the street to get cash because I only had $85 left on me. He took the $85 so that was cool.

sad not to make it. It was my husband's birthday and we are several hours away. I didn't realize there would be fish though. At this point I'm more interested in stocking my main tank with fish which has been a challenge. Hopefully next time it'll be closer to the Boston area. Cape Cod's always a nice place since we have absolutely no fish stores here whatsoever for Marine aquatics.

sad not to make it. It was my husband's birthday and we are several hours away. I didn't realize there would be fish though. At this point I'm more interested in stocking my main tank with fish which has been a challenge. Hopefully next time it'll be closer to the Boston area. Cape Cod's always a nice place since we have absolutely no fish stores here whatsoever for Marine aquatics.
The club had a fragsgiving event back in November just north of Boston. Maybe another one next year?

The club had a fragsgiving event back in November just north of Boston. Maybe another one next year?
I missed that one as I had just been diagnosed with breast cancer and a lot was going on. It's been crazy. Hopefully next time!

I definitely sold more than I bought, thanks to all that purchased from me, it's greatly a appreciated.

I spun the wheel at the Marine Magnet High Schools booth for $20 and left with a CB Flaming Phoenix monti
PXL_20230305_022213138.MP.jpg

Some type of goniopora
PXL_20230305_012011757.PORTRAIT.jpg

and picked up this purple plasma from Marc Fistank which is also the Principal at the Sound School in New Haven, CT. They also have a great Marine Science program as their students were there as well.

PXL_20230305_011959271.PORTRAIT.jpg

All pics unedited. Saw Chris over at Rhino's Reef for the above frag rack and spoke with Gary and Todd from Champion Lighting for a demonstration of their new product SeaTak adhesive.

Have a look here at Reef Builders

Last edited:
The only pics I managed to get from yesterday. @scavdog and myself trudging through the rain and snow on our way there
PXL_20230304_132031590.MP.jpg

@Cpage101 @Spaceman and @DylanCameron manning the booth
PXL_20230304_194922762.jpg
PXL_20230304_195025863.jpg

Also, Boston Reefers Society had donated $500 to Jon and the E.O. Smith Coral Project for all the amazing work he continues to instil into his students.
Special shout out to Paul @reefkeeper2 for donating and dropping off old school sized frags of a rainbow stylophora and montipora spongodes and to be sold and benefit the club. All in all, a great time had by all. Looking forward to next year's FFM and also looking forward to meeting/ seeing everyone again. My heart if full of love and happiness.

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back