afboundguy's downsizing (or upgrading???) 25 gallon cube build

I like the gorgonian in the top right. Looks super happy.

Thanks that's one of the ones afboundguy's better 1/2 said is unsellable lol... It's not fully open in thay picture it closes up easily and my clowns are jerks and make it close up easily...

Looks awesome

Much easier to show off the true colors with the lense now!

Thanks that's one of the ones afboundguy's better 1/2 said is unsellable lol... It's not fully open in thay picture it closes up easily and my clowns are jerks and make it close up easily...

Unsellable?? It's definitely tradeable :)

Took a cell phone video with the new filter after I fed the tank some white worms. Little mandarin goes up into the water column to munch on those yummy white worms!!! Also took a FTS video towards the end. Also took some photos of my nice and fat mandarin!!! Plus a few other pics just for the hell of it...

20201129_161454.jpg
20201129_161457.jpg
20201129_161429_HDR.jpg
20201129_161348.jpg

And because who doesn't like dogs and cats living in harmony (and our goofy half blind and deaf dog sitting like a human lol)

20201129_163625.jpg
20201129_082014.jpg

We call this hunting Amelia... She doesn't move a muscle for a long time until Amelia moves first lol!!!

20201128_092155.jpg

Just read through your thread. I have the same spurts of losing interest or getting too busy for tanks and then getting bit by the bug again. However I don’t foresee that happening with my current tank.

Your mandarin is just awesome. Definitely seems like a lot of work to keep one fat though.

Just read through your thread. I have the same spurts of losing interest or getting too busy for tanks and then getting bit by the bug again. However I don’t foresee that happening with my current tank.

Your mandarin is just awesome. Definitely seems like a lot of work to keep one fat though.

I've been doing well keeping interest and it's easier when things grown and looks nice!

And yes she is and it is a lot of work but worth it!!!

Installed the RO membrane upgrade kit a few days ago. Bought it when it was on sale from Bulk Reef Supply and the hardest part was taking it down from where it's mounted on the basement ceiling rafters lol. It was heavy and in an awkward spot over the DIY fish table I made.

Super easy to install once I got it down and man does it sure make water much faster. Definitely at least twice as fast which is pretty nice with how expensive my town's water rates are!

20201208_154902.jpg

Decided to up my magnet cleaner game and got myself a nano flipper float and have to say it's a nice upgrade from my old one. Glad I splurged the extra $5 for the floating version as well!!!
20201216_210226.jpg
20201216_210320_HDR.jpg
20201216_211117_HDR.jpg

Afboundguy's better half was all upset about all the salt creep around the HOB fuge so I took it off and cleaned it yesterday was sort of a PITA...

Also did a water change since it was easier to suck out all the water in the HOB fuge before taking it off and put in some new carbon...

• Haha
Reactions: MrX
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back