AI prime light setting

Ideally it’s gonna depend on tank size and what corals you’re keeping. I have my hydra 32 over a 18x18 cube keeping mostly acropora high and with lps down low and front and here’s my light schedule.
67DC77FA-7BB6-4C28-8281-0E2A46D09477.png

Screenshot_20200510-103038_myAI.jpg
Mine is like this for my 30 long it seems to be doing well so far I have acropora but its tall and long with allot of soft and lps

I run my AI Prime about 10" off water, (need to lower it down as PAR leveles are really low) and use David Saxby's preset. My tank consists of SPS frags, LPS, Zoas and Paly's and a couple anemones.

+1 on biggiepauls reply

I have a prime hd on my 29 biocube. I started at 10" above the water line and moved down over 2 weeks to 8". BRS TV has a great video on the primes and recommends 8".
I run the david saxby as well, but modified it to have a 1% royal blue and 1-3% moonlight varying over night. Saxby runs full blackout over night.
Soft corals now. Working towards mixed reef lps sps etc. Theres a LOT of headroom left to add power as i add SP's.
The primes are awesome!!!!

+1 on biggiepauls reply

I have a prime hd on my 29 biocube. I started at 10" above the water line and moved down over 2 weeks to 8". BRS TV has a great video on the primes and recommends 8".
I run the david saxby as well, but modified it to have a 1% royal blue and 1-3% moonlight varying over night. Saxby runs full blackout over night.
Soft corals now. Working towards mixed reef lps sps etc. Theres a LOT of headroom left to add power as i add SP's.
The primes are awesome!!!!

Yea I have to run blackout because the tanks in my room

Reactions: KJB
this was mine when I was running my 2 primes over the 50cube, I upgraded the 50 to kessils but I'll be setting the prime over my 14 biocube and will be keeping the same schedule.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200511-105103_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200511-105103_Gallery.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 566
There is a Facebook group AI Prime/Hydra owners group. There are popular programs uploaded to fb you can download and import.

not sure if you’ve used MyAI app but I learned that you can turn up the intensity of the program using 2 fingers slide the schedule up... hope that makes sense..

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back