Aiptaisi?

Jays333

Non-member
I bought some Xenia from the LFS last week. This morning while cleaning the tank I noticed a hitch hiker. Is it Aiptaisa, if what is the best way to get rid of it?

Attachments

• DSC_2696.jpg
    DSC_2696.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 153
It is aptasia, inject it with Joe's Juice or Kalk paste. Make sure you don't try to manually remove it as you may end up spreading the spores around the tank ending up with more. Peppermint shrimp work well for aptasia control as well, but they are a bit hit or miss when it comes to tackling aptasia especially if one is large in size. HTH and good luck!

The above mentioned are great ways to kill them, there is also a product called aiptasia-x that works pretty well. Make sure to shut off all pumps for a while when using it.

I'd take the rock out and chip that aptasia right out. Where there is one, there are sometimes more...

I have used Aiptasia X with good luck, but I would also get rid of what I could. I had one small one I thought, but there were a bunch hiding.

I have also had luck with Liquid Calcium. I shoot it with a syringe. I also have mixed up kalk with water to make a thick liquid and shoot that with the syringe...just my 2 cents.

Back