Aiptasia - treat or toss the rock

berghia nudibranch for me. I have a ton of aiptasia in my sump and it got spread to my display in days. Then I throw in 2 berghia nudi in my sump and 2 in my display. It clean them up really well and when there's no more aiptasia my nudi apparently die =[. Only thing is make sure you doesn't have any wrasses or else it will be a really expensive food for them lol.
Saltyunderground have them. I order a couple of 0.25 over the weekend and they are getting here on the 16th.

You will never get all the aiptasia's from all those crevices. I would chuck it. No zoa is worth saving compared to having an aiptasia outbreak down the line. Even worse, they get on other more difficult rocks. I wouldn't even have that rock in my tank to begin with. First aiptsia to pop up and the rock would be gone. No zoa is worth the headache. Maybe if you could peel the zoa off carefully without it spitting in your eye.

You will never get all the aiptasia's from all those crevices. I would chuck it. No zoa is worth saving compared to having an aiptasia outbreak down the line. Even worse, they get on other more difficult rocks. I wouldn't even have that rock in my tank to begin with. First aiptsia to pop up and the rock would be gone. No zoa is worth the headache. Maybe if you could peel the zoa off carefully without it spitting in your eye.
It’s mostly gone. I took it out, broke off the small chunk with the zoas, and the other 2/3 of it is sitting out back baking in the sun.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back