aitasia

Berghia nudibranch, certain butterfly fish, peppermint shrimp, and filefish for a natural approach. Kalk paste or others such as Aptasia x, f aptasia etc are some chemical treatments. Personally Ivs had luck with the nudis, peppermints and Copperband butterfly fish

Berghia nudibranch, certain butterfly fish, peppermint shrimp, and filefish for a natural approach. Kalk paste or others such as Aptasia x, f aptasia etc are some chemical treatments. Personally Ivs had luck with the nudis, peppermints and Copperband butterfly fish
Ok I got some aphasia x if not I will buy some live

chemical treatments tend to irritate the aptasia and they end up shooting babies into the water column before they die. you'll find some baby ones popping up again in no time. Peppermints are the safest way to go. get as many as you can cuz they'll disappear on you and not all of them are guaranteed to eat aptasia.

chemical treatments tend to irritate the aptasia and they end up shooting babies into the water column before they die. you'll find some baby ones popping up again in no time. Peppermints are the safest way to go. get as many as you can cuz they'll disappear on you and not all of them are guaranteed to eat aptasia.
Will do hope petco has some

I just got some Joe's juice.
I've read quite a bit of people having good results.
I just tagged some we'll see

Let me know if you want some peppermint shrimp. I got 6 for my tank, because they were cheap and shipping was expensive. Would be willing to sell you 2-3 near Boston. PM me if interested! They mowed down aiptasia within days in my tank a few months ago. Now I’m worried they’ll start eating each other…

Looks like the Joe's juice
Worked i have a few small ones left ,hopefully today will be their last day

This did it for me
Worked great

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220917-134638_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220917-134638_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 71
I had a terrible infestation in my 190G system. Bought 10 or so berghia nudibranchs. They wiped out better than 99% in less than 4 months, and I had enough Berghias growing out that I sold which more than made up for the initial cost. All while I did zero extra effort to eradicate the aiptasia. In the last few months I’ve found two tiny aiptasia, but a little aiptasia-x took care of them.
They’re the best hunters of aiptasia of all the biological controls. Copper bands are hit or miss on if they’ll eat Aiptasia, requires you to add another fish, and they only eat those that they can see and reach. Peppermint shrimp can only reach so many aiptasia as well, and are also hit or miss on if they’ll eat aiptasia (if there’s other food sources, they won’t bother with aiptasia). Berghia nudis only eat aiptasia, and so hunt down almost every last one.
One thing with them is that apparently peppermint shrimp will eat them, so if you’ve already added peppermints, the berghias probably won’t get established. Cleaner shrimp won’t eat them. If I ever get an outbreak of aiptasia again, I’d pass on everything else and get berghias.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back