Another Route 3 Rookie

Kens Bees

BRS Member
New to SW but not aquariums as I always had at least one as a kid and much younger adult. Recently fell in to a nice deal for a Red Sea Max 250 that was running and home to one lone damsel. Did the shuffle from Springfield to Billerica and had it running again in under 12 (long) hours! Put in a new skimmer tonight and plan to revamp the AIO sump a bit with the new room. The hood cooling fans need updating, and the lights, but the pumps are functional and quiet. By the time I think I'm done with it I'm sure I'll have spent twice what a brand new reefer would have set me back, but where's the fun in that?

I'm a commercial beekeeper. I'll trade honey for advice, wisdom and good lies.
IMG_4089.jpg

Welcome aboard!! Tinkering around and DIY'ing was always the fun part for me too!

Hi welcome…..here is a couple pictures of my old Red Sea max250 I did a lot of modifications to this tank as well… took out the lights and retrofitted a 300w Mars aqua led in the hood along with a different skimmer and I made a media basket for it also swapped the pumps to dc pumps let me know if you have any questions feel free to pm me it’s a great tank good luck
4FA46182-4C25-42B5-8743-077CBE192887.jpeg
07450FCD-C097-4B46-894D-BB79AB83F7CD.jpeg

Nice friendly bunch! Thanks to all for the welcome. Great looking tank Mandarin, if I can get mine half that far along I'll be thrilled!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back