AquaMax 1.0 HOB Skimmer?

smiller5438

BRS Member
Hey Folks

The build for my sons school will not have a sump. I was looking at the AquaMax HOB. Does anyone have any experience with it? Can you share your experience? Mostly need to know if it's reliable and if there is a way to run the Skimmer cup to a bucket for overflow, since it will be in a school and I don't always have access when I need to.

Thanks !

I have used it and really liked it. Not sure about the ability to drain the cup into a bucket but suspect it could be rigged

just spin the skimmer cup 180 and have the overflow hose dump into a bucket/2 ltr/milk jug.
You will obviously have to get a longer hose.
I always have my skimmers dump into an external basin of some sort. I have had my Octopus skimmer go crazy before and dump 1 gal. I learned my lesson!! Now it dumps into a 1 gal milk jug sitting an shallow bucket just in case that overflows.

I've been looking at this skimmer and the reviews. How quiet is this skimmer - for real! I want to put it on a 40 AIO that sits in the living room and my wife hates the hum of the current skimmer.

just spin the skimmer cup 180 and have the overflow hose dump into a bucket/2 ltr/milk jug.
You will obviously have to get a longer hose.
I always have my skimmers dump into an external basin of some sort. I have had my Octopus skimmer go crazy before and dump 1 gal. I learned my lesson!! Now it dumps into a 1 gal milk jug sitting an shallow bucket just in case that overflows.
Boom! Thx! Ill do that for sure!

Hey Folks

The build for my sons school will not have a sump. I was looking at the AquaMax HOB. Does anyone have any experience with it? Can you share your experience? Mostly need to know if it's reliable and if there is a way to run the Skimmer cup to a bucket for overflow, since it will be in a school and I don't always have access when I need to.

Thanks !
I like mine. I have it hanging off my sump for my 50gal total volume

Back