• I have one and love it!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I have used one and it wasnt worth my money or effort

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have one and its nothing special but it can be useful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never even knew they existed

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I have always wondered about the stars in the sky and powered substrate vacuums for aquariums

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

SteveDola

Good Tings
BRS Member
Have you used products that are battery or electric operated vacuum cleaners? like the fluval aquavac+ or the eheim quick vac system. I have a 15 g tank and the bucket fills up quick not allowing me to fully clean the sand bed. I was looking into getting one of these devices so that I can filter the bed and not have to do water changes every time I want to clean substrate.
If you have experience please let me know your reviews in the comments below. If you have suggestions or recommendations, feel free to share. Thank You!

I was specifically looking at this

Last edited:
I looked into these and my main drawback was the capacity that these hold. Might be enough for your small tank but would need to be cleaned between cleanings for most. You could always put a filter sock on a bucket and then just add the water back in the tank as well.

I put a 20μm sock in the sump and siphon my vacuum into there. I can’t always get a super great suction, but I can vacuum to my heart’s content. Then I do a water change afterwards.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back