back to the hobby build

MarkSzy

BRS Member
First of all thank you all for the knowledge update since my hiatus from the hobby. My goal is to setup a large LPS reef tank and when I get comfortable add in some SPS. I have been out of the hobby for about 9 years now and am excited to be back.

I will be starting with a used aprox 200g 48x36x27 dual overflow tank that came with stand and canopy. I first thought i was going to build a new stand but decided I could salvage this one and the canopy.

IMG_6096.JPG

IMG_6097.JPG

OP
M

MarkSzy

BRS Member
after buying new hardware and painting everything with marine grade topside paint it has made a big comeback. i used the same paint for the canopy inside and out to help combat the water/salt destruction.
IMG_6116.JPG

IMG_6118.JPG

IMG_6122.JPG

I then used a wood veneer to lighten it up a bit.
IMG_6146.JPG

OP
M

MarkSzy

BRS Member
For equipment i am designing a 40g sump, (which a lot of you have helped me design).

I plan on running/have ordered 2 MP40QD (already have one), 2 radion XR30 G5 LED's and a Pentair 50 watt UV. I also bought a reef octopus sro xp3000 external skimmer because there is not enough room under the tank.

the sump design will be mostly refugium with the external skimmer, this is not the best drawing of the sump but i think it will cut down on the micro bubbles going back into the tank and the turn over will be enough to filter everything.
Capture.PNG

TBD