back to the hobby build

Cool I didn’t know they made those. If those stainless hose clamps start to rust titanium replacements aren’t price prohibitive. Loving this build and can’t wait to see what’s next.
Thank you I appreciate that, I was hoping that since those clamps aren’t near an open source that it will take a lot longer to rust if they rust at all. I used plastic clamps everywhere else, especially when under water.

also as someone pointed out to me, those are a drain line style of fitting so the connection point isn’t as large. If you use them make sure there isn’t to much pressure in the line, in my case they were needed.

Just a little update on the tank, my clowns were determined to live in my sump I swear. Every other day one of them was down there so I made a cover.
IMG_6302.JPG

That didn't stop them, they were determined little suckers... so I have now added to the defense and put covers on the overflows.
IMG_6303.JPG
IMG_6304.JPG

I now have 4 fish in the tank, there might be 5 but my Blenny has been MIA for weeks now.

2 Picasso clowns
1 Yellow belly Hippo that is doing awesome now
1 Scopas Tang
1 medium size cleanup crew including a fisty emerald crab, he wanted to fight haha
IMG_6301.JPG

The two tangs are best friends and graze on the algae together, its so cool to watch.
IMG_6297.JPG

My tank parms are:
0 ammonia
0 Nitrite
5 ppm Nitrate
9 DKH ALK
.25 ppm Phosphate
520 ppm Calcium which is a little high but I don't dose anything and I also don't have any corals to use it up.

I also have some red OGO and Cheato in the sump.

So all good so far, everything is working the way it was intended

So I have stopped my clowns from getting into the overflows. I am fighting the Dino battle right now but it’s because I was over cleaning the tank. I have turned my skimmer down to only run 8 hours a day and I am in my second blackout stretch.

my current stock list it

2 Picasso clowns
1 yellow belly hippo tang
1 Scopas tank
1 very small blonde Naso tang
1 purple blenny
1 Lyretail Anthia female
2 green chromis
1 cleaner shrimp
1 RBTA, crazy cool colors
1 RT
Many other invert

QT tank has 2 Banggai Cardinals just for observation

I can’t wait to start adding corals but I will wait until my ugly stage and Dino fight is over.

So I have stopped my clowns from getting into the overflows. I am fighting the Dino battle right now but it’s because I was over cleaning the tank. I have turned my skimmer down to only run 8 hours a day and I am in my second blackout stretch.

my current stock list it

2 Picasso clowns
1 yellow belly hippo tang
1 Scopas tank
1 very small blonde Naso tang
1 purple blenny
1 Lyretail Anthia female
2 green chromis
1 cleaner shrimp
1 RBTA, crazy cool colors
1 RT
Many other invert

QT tank has 2 Banggai Cardinals just for observation

I can’t wait to start adding corals but I will wait until my ugly stage and Dino fight is over.
Glad to see everything is going well. Good call on being patient with adding corals. You'll thank yourself in the longrun for sure.

After a long algae battle I think I’m in the clear. I have been adding fish and anemones but no corals so it’s an understatement that I am ready to add some.
A798044F-BD04-496D-B7BC-DE6CF8EE397E.jpeg

3D8B47E9-AE09-471B-9DF4-CCA834A08C59.jpeg

9C296D7B-F45E-4A6A-ABD4-5B7FC00591CF.jpeg

D7F23409-4D39-431F-B829-48A67F5588FB.jpeg

And the bottom lighting failed, all the phyto started settling on the bottom of the jars. I think I caught it in time to save the cultures and moved the light back behind the bottles. Back to the drawing board….

Looks good! Love the Midas. And if you ever want to trade that nice red starfish for a couple hundred asterina starfish I got you covered.

Looks good! Love the Midas. And if you ever want to trade that nice red starfish for a couple hundred asterina starfish I got you covered.
Haha sounds like a great trade

I almost lost it a month after I bought it, it lost two and a half legs after swan diving into my powerhead.

It’s been awhile but I thought I should share an update. Tank is doing great, growth on the corals is better than I have ever had. Certain ones doing better than others but I will figure it out. The fish wanted all the attention in this picture.
IMG_7730.jpeg

I also have this guy in QT for over two weeks now and he is opening up more every day.
IMG_7723.jpeg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back