WTB Banggai Cardinal

Magicraps

Non-member
Hey guys I’m looking for a pair of Banggai Cardinals. Preferably a mated/bonded pair but any male + female will do (so there’s no aggression hopefully)

If someone has a pair I doubt they are giving them up. Your best bet is buying 3-4 and separating them after they pair up. You can kind of sex them but no guarantees. I usually look at the jaws but it’s not 100%. I actually picked out four and I have two pairs that both are breeding. I will be raising the fry in the months to comes.

Any idea what to do with the odd one out? I don't have a place to put it long term. Also do you know of any stores that have them in stock? I didn't see any at All Things Aquatic last time I visited
@Jmalin

You can sell them. The cheapest ones I found a while back was European aquatics. I had tried my luck with petco ones but they both died. I then bought 4 since they were half the price of other stores, and they all survived. I split them up into two tanks after bonding. You just have to call around. You can try the petco ones as well if no one has them. Best bet is to get the small ones, adults are easier to sex but they may only like 2-5 years, and if you get one that’s bigger may not live much longer.

You can sell them. The cheapest ones I found a while back was European aquatics. I had tried my luck with petco ones but they both died. I then bought 4 since they were half the price of other stores, and they all survived. I split them up into two tanks after bonding. You just have to call around. You can try the petco ones as well if no one has them. Best bet is to get the small ones, adults are easier to sex but they may only like 2-5 years, and if you get one that’s bigger may not live much longer.
thanks! I’ll look into this

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back