Best Tang for CUC?

chadfish

BRS Member
Trying to decide between a Scopas, Tomini, or Kole. I heard the Scopas eats a larger variety of algae, but the Kole seems to be the smallest, and I have a small-ish 3ft 50g.

Thoughts?

I have both, the scopas is in my frag tank he eats the algae but no where near as much as my bristle tooth does. My bristle tooth is in my main tank.

Bristletooth tangs are great but your tank is likely too small for a tang. The kole would be your best bet if you wanted to squeeze one in
Don’t worry. I’m getting a juvenile and by the time he grows up I’ll either upgrade, trade him, or get out altogether.

Also, the Kole only grows to a max of 6 inches in the wild, so probably only 4 inches in an aquarium. He’ll be fine.

I have both, the scopas is in my frag tank he eats the algae but no where near as much as my bristle tooth does. My bristle tooth is in my main tank.
So the Kole then? He’s the smallest bristletooth I believe..

Does yours go for the hair algae too?

I think the kole will work. I’m less worried about the size of a tang vs giving them the ability to swim lengths. Frankly all our tanks are too small for tangs!

This is very true
I think the kole will work. I’m less worried about the size of a tang vs giving them the ability to swim lengths. Frankly all our tanks are too small for tangs!
Don't worry, I'll make sure he's as happy as the clowns. Back in the day I was very successful with a Yellow in a 4 ft 75gal. Bigger fish - super healthy and "happy".

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back