BiGGie's Build

What's wrong with your back?
Ruptured and fractured L5-S1, Herniated L4. Had a hemilamenectomy July 2019 help a little with leg pain. Need a fusion, workman's comp dragged their feet forever, finally got approved for surgery 6 weeks ago after jumping through their hoops. My lawyer called me the day before Thanksgiving and told me now they've reneged. Straight sh! T show if you ask me. They got another IME to say I don't need surgery even after the one they sent me to, agreed with my surgeon. Either way as to whatever happen, it'd be nice not to be in pain and able to walk or stand for more than a few minutes. End rant.

Back pain is a b****. Mt wife had a L5-L4 fusion. She was in so much pain for the longest time before they got it fixed. Not work comp. just bad genes.

Tanks are looking sweet. IM going to have to get over and check them out in person!

Back pain is a b!tch. Mt wife had a L5-L4 fusion. She was in so much pain for the longest time before they got it fixed. Not work comp. just bad genes.

Tanks are looking sweet. I'M going to have to get over and check them out in person!
Thanks bud, someday they'll be up to snuff. I just added a second power bar for versatility. Maybe this week I can get my float sensors set up in the sump for controlling my mixing station a little easier.

are you setting up auto wc?
Not currently, just making it easier to flip a switch channel on in the controller and when wc hits desired sump level, that pump will cease. I've been overfilling as of late to where my ato is screaming at me until it evaps enough.

Not currently, just making it easier to flip a switch channel on in the controller and when wc hits desired sump level, that pump will cease. I've been overfilling as of late to where my ato is screaming at me until it evaps enough.
Toying with the idea of adding another dos for it.
Right now im having a b**** getting my Alk and Ca programed. Programming not my best skill. Started this week and my awesome programming skills got my Alk from a 7.6 to the next morning 10.6. Lots on inverts dead, sps & lps super stressed.:mad:

Got a call from my surgeon yesterday that I'm booked for going under on December 22. Trying to wrap things up in the fish room this weekend before then. Cleaned skimmer as a darn snail was blocking the volute on the bottom, finished the DD screen netting, what a PITA that was. Preparing to do a 20 gallon water change and catch 2 big tomato clowns and a melanurus.
PXL_20201212_145823819.jpg

PXL_20201212_192139920.jpg

Added another power bar, now I have to figure out what plugs into which socket and set up somme timer functions.
PXL_20201206_213131436.jpg

Got a call from my surgeon yesterday that I'm booed for going under on December 22. Trying to wrap things up in the fish room this weekend before then. Cleaned skimmer as a darn snail was blocking the volute on the bottom, finished the DD screen netting, what a PITA that was. Preparing to do a 20 gallon water change and catch 2 big tomato clowns and a melanurus.
View attachment 152797
GHL needs to make an optical sensor so you can mount it on the side of the cup
They do make one, but not for $82.90 today anyway.

Good luck with the surgery Paul. My boss had his back fused a couple years ago. Seems to have made a difference for him.

Good luck with your surgery bud let me know if you need anything I’m only a short drive away

Plumbing up the 40 watt Pentair Aquatics UV, need a couple of 1" male thread to 3/4" female slip fittings, struck out at Lowe's today.
PXL_20210115_004010216.jpg

Hoping to have this done this weekend and possibly getting the bulbs switched out on the ATI fixture. Went with 5 Blue+, 1 Coral+, 1 Purple+ and an Aquablue Special.

How are you plumbing the UV in I’m picking one up Saturday and just trying to get a good plan on how I’m going to plumb it. I have a spot on my manifold that I will connect it to off my return pump but have read mixed things about putting the water back in the sump from the uv as it will not act as a true closed loop and re sterilize the same water again

How are you plumbing the UV in I’m picking one up Saturday and just trying to get a good plan on how I’m going to plumb it. I have a spot on my manifold that I will connect it to off my return pump but have read mixed things about putting the water back in the sump from the uv as it will not act as a true closed loop and re sterilize the same water again
I text the master Nick @this is me for advice. Feed pump will be in my middle chamber flowing into the bottom of the uv, then it will exit at the top and drain into my return chamber thus allowing the sterilized water to be distributed to my two tanks.

Back