Blonde Naso help pls!

Drichards

BRS Member
I got my small blond naso about two months ago from a reputable quarantine facility. He has been eating spirulina brine and seaweed regularly. I woke up today and he has been hiding in a cave. He's displaying his defensive spots on his body and can't seem to keep his balance upright. His tank mates are all peaceful towards him. He is leaning on his side constantly and will only accept very little food. Normally he's a pig. All other fish in my tank are happy and healthy. Did all my normal water chemistry test today and everything checks out. How can I save this guy? Does anyone have any expertise in this area as to what these circumstances mean as far as a diagnosis. This really breaks my heart

Attachments

• 20220515_213436.jpg
    20220515_213436.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 162
Is there any external sign of infection? If not, it could be the fish was cyanide caught. Cyanide caught fish would live for weeks to months without sign of illness then suddenly fall ill and died. It is due to damage done to its internal organ.

I always wonder how these tangs can be caught in the ocean without using chemicals to stun them. Despite it is illegal to import cyanide caught fish, but there is really no practical way to tell.

I feel sorry for you and the fish.

Update this morning: he didn't make it. I think swim bladder disease. Sometimes this hobby just knocks the wind out of you. I take every loss personal. " flounder" will be missed. RIP little buddy

Is there any external sign of infection? If not, it could be the fish was cyanide caught. Cyanide caught fish would live for weeks to months without sign of illness then suddenly fall ill and died. It is due to damage done to its internal organ.

I always wonder how these tangs can be caught in the ocean without using chemicals to stun them. Despite it is illegal to import cyanide caught fish, but there is really no practical way to tell.

I feel sorry for you and the fish.
No sign of external parasites. No sign of external trauma, damaged fins ect.

Sorry to see him like this bro! He was doing great couple weeks ago when I visited.
It's really sad. I waited for this fish since Christmas. First batch didn't make it through QT. I guess some things are just out of our control

Sorry for your loss. As I lost a fellow naso as well by poor judgement of a yellow tang that wiped out both my qts. No signs or anything until it was to late.
Lost;
Blonde naso
2 yellow tangs
1 zebrosema desardini
1 sohal tang
Setup copper power 20g long for desardini but was to far along. Looked to be velvet but had no signs until last second.

It's really sad. I waited for this fish since Christmas. First batch didn't make it through QT. I guess some things are just out of our control
Yes, there were a lot of new fish death that I heard from many people recently, most of them just died without external sign. The symptoms are very similar, seemingly healthy fish, ate well, then drop dead after a few days to a few weeks.

Have you ever seen signs of intestinal worms or parasites with this fish??

Symptoms: White stringy feces, pinched stomach, fish has faded coloration, fish eats voraciously but still seems to be losing weight. Flagellates (parasites) are more virulent than worms, and thus can kill faster.

Have you ever seen signs of intestinal worms or parasites with this fish??

Symptoms: White stringy feces, pinched stomach, fish has faded coloration, fish eats voraciously but still seems to be losing weight. Flagellates (parasites) are more virulent than worms, and thus can kill faster.
Bowel movements were normal. He ate normally, no sign of losing weight or pinched stomach. He was fine up until this point. Behavior was normal, very social fish when I came to the tank. It's like something just switched overnight. Unfortunately I do not have his body.

From your picture, the Naso’s bent body looks similar to a fish I currently tried to keep alive. My female golden rhomboid injured or got sick and floats on the surface with a bent body the last couple weeks and refuses to die. She’s a fighter I tell ya! She too became like that overnight. I honestly think our fish get spooked and hit the glass or something and injured severely from the hit. She was super healthy and eating well up to that point without any sign of deteriorating health. I now feed her BBS and it seems she uses her mucus coating as a food trap to gather the BBS. She has learned to adapt. I thought she had a swim bladder issue and even hand-pippette her smashed cooked pea without any improvement. Again, sorry for your loss!

BFCCB7F9-01BF-4CC7-BF2F-A25ABF7FB1F9.jpeg

Sorry to hear about your fish as well. I thought maybe it could have hit the glass too. I just don't know. I hope your fish gets better soon

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back