Brian's Waterbox Reef 100.3 Build

1.jpg
2.jpg

Having a hard time with the rock work, I will mainly have zoas , shroom and torches so wanted a lot of ledges. might put some SPS near the top. I have 2 RX15 G5 so I doubt I will have lighting issues/

I would suggest keeping in mind what types of corals/fish you are going to keep. Depending on that could impact the scape...flow patterns and growth of coral can be anticipated to provide best environment for them.

Hey Brian remember me lol . Good to see your getting back at it , that fire was horrible. You can never shake the reef bug

I would suggest keeping in mind what types of corals/fish you are going to keep. Depending on that could impact the scape...flow patterns and growth of coral can be anticipated to provide best environment for them.
He knows what he’s doing but good looking out .

the goal is to have mostly zoas, palys, shrooms, torches maybe a a lepto or two, and very little sps. That is why I was going with the ledges for the zoas to spread.

Sorry been a busy few months, I just wet the tank, and top lids just shipped my lid so should have pictures soon.

nice system.
Looks like more and more people are going with either WaterBox and or Redsea systems nowsaday than custom made tank.

its officially open lol... lid will be here tomorrow and will install the lights then.

Question, has anyone dealt with this company and do they do what they say?

I've ordered through Dr. Reef before. Generally, I think he does a very good job. I've never had DOA, but I did have one fish die within 3 weeks of receipt from what appeared to be a bacterial infection. I emailed Mike (Dr. Reef) and he got back to me immediately and offered to replace the fish even though it wasn't guaranteed and there's no way to tell where the infection came from. My biggest gripe is that he seems to be overwhelmed with orders recently. The site says 30-45 days to ship most orders (sooner if the fish is in stock already), but my February order arrived in late May (not an uncommon or hard to acquire fish). I think he used to use FedEx, but now ships UPS. That's an improvement.

That said, if you're looking to buy pre-quarantined fish, Myk at @Blue Light Aquatics is the way to go. I've bought from him twice and the entire experience has been excellent. The fish are super healthy, prices are really good, and he's quick to communicate. Curbside pickup is a breeze (but they deliver to Southern NH/Northern MA). I'd reach out about whatever it is you're looking to buy.

I’ve ordered over half my fish from Mike, happy to PM chat with you (positive exp)

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back