Bubble algae go away!

Drichards

BRS Member
I have a serious bubble algae problem. It's the small tight ones that are like cement on my rock work. Does anyone have a solution to kill it? Manuel removal seams impossible. I've dosed vibrant before but it's too risky. Any other options that folks use?

Fluconazole at least 80mg/gallon. I got mine here:

Fluconazole at least 80mg/gallon. I got mine here:

I have some reef Flux, I never used it before

Try natural alternatives first before chemicals.. I heard that emerald crabs are hit or a miss but I had a great luck with them.. still sometimes see the tiny guy scurrying around the rocks when the lights are dim..

Try natural alternatives first before chemicals.. I heard that emerald crabs are hit or a miss but I had a great luck with them.. still sometimes see the tiny guy scurrying around the rocks when the lights are dim..
I tried Emerald crabs, they're not working out. I don't trust those little buggers either lol

Pitho crabs work well.

Do they I have them and they stay to low in my tank, all in the sand so far. Had them like 2 weeks.

Yea I had no luck with pitho’s for bubble algae personally, although ive heard them to be good for more so hair algae… switch to 4 emeralds and my bubble algae is nearly gone.

After weeks my pitho crabs have become more comfortable, and have been going a lot higher in the tank. This one managed to do some parkour and make it to my nem box. No problems with corals, or other animals. I believe they ate some bubble algae. The only thing they used as decor on their bodies so far are feather dusters.
11018F21-75CD-4C60-9336-4685FD153149.jpeg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back