cadlights pico

johntan

Non-member
the cadlights people had (have?) a sale going on, couldn't resist the 4 gal starfire hah!

Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 7.12.31 PM.jpg

I was thinking about buying the 8g one but it seems like there's mixed reviews on the LED's... How are you liking them so far?

I also saw a few people saying they had an option for a par 38 bulb, I emailed but haven't gotten a response. Did you have that option?

Awesome looking tank though!

What are you going to stock it with?

Nice! Where'd you get that from? I worry about keeping the temp stable in something like that, but it sure looks great!

update

Yeah I haven't seen it anywhere but online - the temp can be an issue so I have a home made controller running heat and fans among other things.

Was able to get this stocked up over the week, so far so good
Screen shot 2011-11-20 at 7.06.52 PM.jpg

This tank is awesome. I've been keeping an eye on this and might buy the same tank. How are the stock lights so far for the corals? Do you feel like you need to add more lights?

Yes I had to bump up the stock LEDs for sure to keep the sps, I bet they would be fine for LPS and softies though. I think the tanks have dropped in price quite a bit recently, still lovin mine.
p.s. I put on 8 cree leds 5 rb 3 white, plentyyyy of light now.

I called and asked about the lights since I was so tempted to buy one and they were on sale big time during black Friday.

He said the lights would only support SPS on the top level of the tank, but everything else would be fine. Take that for what it's worth....

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back