Canon Cameras and Lenses

Anak’s Reef

Formerly known as Blennylover01
Hi everyone! I have some lenses for a Canon T1i that is broken and not worth a fix. I was thinking of using these on another dslr. Was looking at the Canon T7 since it’s not breaking the bank too much. Problem is, I want to take macro photos as well but only one of my lenses zooms in, they both are not macro lenses.
Someone said that I can use these small lenses called extension tubes. I was wondering if any of you know if these will work and how they will work. Sorry, I’m very unfamiliar to photography, thanks in advance!
And also which ones will be a good measurement to get super up close. My corals are still fairly small so I’ll need to zoom in a ton.
The second lense is a portrait lens if I’m not wrong so I will not be using that too much I think,
34587771-12D0-41F1-8FE7-C7A2B1BDC80B.jpeg
2CB1B708-7CFC-4001-A9EC-6800D14E090F.jpeg

Neither of those are going to be good for macro shots in a tank unfortunately. On your 85 the window there shows the distances of effective focus. So the 15 ft something 15 ft from the sensor, not the end of the lens, will be in focus. For macro you want to be practically on the glass which means you want something like a 180mm macro or 100mm macro lens.

you do have the crop sensor working towards your advantage, I sold my macro lens when I switched to a full frame body. Feel free to pm me with any specific questions.

Couple of shots I took with my daughters Sony a6000 and 55-210 zoom lens while using tube extensions. These were shot in Auto and have no editing whatsoever.
Acro.JPG (1).jpg

CB  Rainbow Paly.JPG.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back