convict tangs???

you're not gonna try to keep it in your 15g are you? thats instant grounds for a tang police bust, haha. I haven't really heard much on convict tangs, but I would check marinedepotlive.com. They have nice descriptions and specs on a lot of different fish that they sell, but its a good resource to go to for information. hope this helps

thanks....no i hope to be getting a 90g sometime soon and i was thinking that they might be a nice fish to keep, but wanted to know if anyone had any personal experience with them first.

thanks again

nice fish

I had one for a while when I had a fish only tank, way back when we used reverse flow undergravel filters with hang on Aquaclear power filters. Does anyone remember the aquarium in Somerset. The tang was very active and got quite fat, but traded him for a Powder Blue. The black and white, while it is a nice pattern is not colorful at all. Still like the convict and in a large school are really nice.

thank you for your feed back...i'm just trying to find a tang that isn't all that common in many tanks and stays around the 8" max size...give or take...and will be good to other tank mates, yet to be determind, and corals...maybe some other suggestions?

Hmm... I think its gonna be hard to find a "colorful" "unique" "small" tang.

Convicts have a great disposition IMO. Very active and easy to adjust AS LONG as you get a slightly larger one to start with. We never had that great of luck with the smaller ones at rainforest cafe. They always came with parasites & we just could not get the little ones to eat the medicated food. The larger ones are garbage cans though. I think we got...20.. small ones, not one survived. Then we got 20ish large ones and lost 1.

What about a blue eye'd Kole tang? instead of the yellow eye'd. Those are great fish.

Or a Tomini tang. AKA chocolate tang, and something else. They are really cute as juvi's but get alot of brown when older. :/

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back