Sold EJ25 Engine from 2010 Subaru Impreza-$300

Jbissell1289

the_Great_Bissell_Reef
BRS Member
$300 o.b.o. or possibly trade for gear…

Bought this engine about a year and a half ago for $1k with 77k miles on it and swapped it into my 2011 Impreza for about 20k miles before it started leaking oil like crazy through the head gaskets. Rebuilt the original engine and put it back into the car, so now have this one up for sale.

It will need a few parts as I had to scavenge a few things from it. I will update with a complete list of known parts that are needed soon as I need to check the engine to confirm. But it comes with 2 new head gaskets ready to go on(needs to be done still).

Also, the threads on the engine for one of the bell-housing bolts that attaches the transmission will need to be tapped as the threads were messed up when I got the engine and I didnt know until I had the engine put together in the car so I just ran it without the bolt. If I have time, I will do this and will update accordingly.

Took the valve cover off during the scavenging and everything looks super clean and no issues.

Have a timing belt with around 20k on it as well as timing belt tensioner with around 40k on it. The rest of the bearings I think are ok.

Let me know if you have any extra questions! Second pic is rebuilt engine for fun.

1D1C1D2E-5923-4DA6-8441-109057F5B3EF.jpeg
C3D66AF4-4CA8-49A0-B509-3AA202381564.jpeg

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back