Experimental propagation of my scolymia

Another great news! I’ve been holding this one off since I wasnt sure what will become of it at the beginning. But there’s a second baby scoly in developing as we speak....cheers!!!

d606ab24136f5c9cc1219979e5390ba7.jpg

035ff0e21ac354febd527ebebadac42e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That cut makes me a little squeamish, it's like when I've got a deep cut at work and I can see "too much of myself". Nice recovery though:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Interesting thread. I am wondering how much further you were able to take this experiment...

Interesting thread. I am wondering how much further you were able to take this experiment...
Unfortunately, about the same time I moved and due to my inexperience in moving a 200+ gal with multiple tanks from an attic myself, and lack of prepping at the new house, 90% of my livestocks died within a coupe days including the specimens above and 6 colonies of gold torches from Archid when gold torches weren’t as pricy as they are now. Forcefully, I got out the hobby for a few years and recently hopped back in. I’ve been meaning to find a few affordable healthy scolys and try again but they are sooo expensive nowadays. Maybe one day I find a sponsor who loves the same idea…haha

Unfortunately, about the same time I moved and due to my inexperience in moving a 200+ gal with multiple tanks from an attic myself, and lack of prepping at the new house, 90% of my livestocks died within a coupe days including the specimens above and 6 colonies of gold torches from Archid when gold torches weren’t as pricy as they are now. Forcefully, I got out the hobby for a few years and recently hopped back in. I’ve been meaning to find a few affordable healthy scolys and try again but they are sooo expensive nowadays. Maybe one day I find a sponsor who loves the same idea…haha
Haha I love how "recently getting back into the hobby" includes coral at a scale that you're able to sell as a vendor at local shows!

Haha I love how "recently getting back into the hobby" includes coral at a scale that you're able to sell as a vendor at local shows!
I just eat, sleep, corals….they’re fascinating to me! The biggest reward is seeing them thrive whenever I can and learn from my mistakes when they don’t make it in my tanks to improve on the next try. It’s my passion in progress!

I just eat, sleep, corals….they’re fascinating to me! The biggest reward is seeing them thrive whenever I can and learn from my mistakes when they don’t make it in my tanks to improve on the next try. It’s my passion in progress!
I think that's wonderful! The zoas I got from you at the frag show are doing great!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back