Free Free Giant ASM G-? skimmer - pickup in Wakefield MA

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
I used this skimmer on my 400+ gallon tank for many years. I will include all parts and two semi-functioning Sedra pumps. The skimmer's original specs were for three pumps, but I used two pumps for many years with the "mesh mod" on the needlewheel impellers. The skimmer with the foam cup attached is almost 4 feet high. The diameter of the cylinder is about 9 inches, but with the "level controller tube" it is almost 12 inches. The skimmer is not damaged in any way, but as you can see there's a lot of calcium carbonate precipitates on it. You could clean it all off with a big plastic trashcan and some acid diluted in water. The design of this skimmer REQUIRES it to be in a sump. It is NOT water tight.

The large central skimmer tube could also be converted into a giant calcium reactor if you are handy.

If you are interested please send me a PM INCLUDING YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER. Do not post on this thread as I will ignore. I will PM you back my cell number and we will go from there. Don't PM me unless you can pick this up SOON.

I will post here when the skimmer is gone.

skimmer photo.jpg

Back