Gone Free variable speed peristaltic pump - dual or single head - pickup in Wakefield MA

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
Continuing the clean out. First of all, these are NOT the pumps I usually sell on here. Those pumps are "Masterflex" pumps, and FYI, I have a lot of those available.

These two pumps I picked out of the trash at my lab years ago. They both work, though one of them the "stop" button no longer works, it was therefore probably a safety thing. Anyhow, they have a bit of dust/rust on them from sitting around for so long, but they both still work. I don't have the original, intended pump tubing for them, but I put some old airline tubing in and it seems to work fine. I also don't have the manuals, but I can show you in 2 minutes how they work.

It looks like the max flowrate with the airline tubing in is about 30 mL/minute. Due to the design of these pumps they probably cannot hold back or generate a lot of pressure. But they are digitally controllable, reversible, and potentially very accurate in the short run. In the long run the tubing will wear and the flowrates they achieve will decrease. Tubing also may split.
Decide if you need one with two channels or only one. Both channels will be pumping at the same RPM, but you may be able to generate different flowrates if you use different inside diameter tubing.

Could these be used for outflow from a calcium reactor? Probably. Also good for dosing stuff or pumping topoff water, but not nearly as reliable as the ones I usually have.

Pickup is in Wakefield. Prefer one pump per customer! PM me your phone number to coordinate pickup. Please make it clear in your PM what pump you want.

Attachments

• rabbit pumps.jpg
    rabbit pumps.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 207
Oh, and I believe these pumps will restart automatically should there be a power blip.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back