Generator repair

MarkSzy

BRS Member
As a last ditch effort I was wondering if anyone here knows a generator repair guy that might be able to help me find used parts. The dang mice got into my outlet/ control panel of my generator so when I started it the coils melted together. The manufacturer has been useless in finding replacement parts. It is a Westinghouse with Briggs and Stratton motor and only had 20 hours on it so that’s why I want to save it. Any help would be great, thank you all.

Hey Mark maybe these guys can help. Good luck.

Hey Mark maybe these guys can help. Good luck.

I’ve look at these guys but that you, I can’t find anywhere that carries the parts for a 10 year old generator which is crazy to me. My 20 year old lawnmower has parts everywhere but nothing for generators.

Call lkq although car parts they maybe able to locate and ship or give you a place to call. Also small engine repair shops. Engine is engine. Parts can be swapped for different parts. If your handy it's a great project. You can Google it backwards to find the same part under different manufacturer.

I’m super mechanical and have already taken the whole thing a part. The problem isn’t in the engine is the coils around the stator. I have found parts diagrams online but can’t find the actual part in stock. I have trying finding used machines where the motor is shot but the actual generator side works but no luck.
366D9942-E9FF-4508-A686-4C4FB88C7BAA.jpeg

Text me the name of generator year make model. I'll send it over to my son who builds motors and see if he can round one up some were up here in maine. He owns khaos customs. 6032620844.

70187311-4C1B-4244-A975-FE21BD8119A4.jpeg

Thank you for the help. I am in Maine for work from time to time.

Attachments

• 0A8D9FF3-11EE-44DC-B977-476D8F24E9DD.jpeg
    0A8D9FF3-11EE-44DC-B977-476D8F24E9DD.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 81
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back