Geoff’s 265 build

I think in this case, the plastic wrapping of the tank actually caused the fatality of those fish. I think the “bad” air got into the tank and since it’s wrapped up, it takes longer for it to escape. Not to mention the low level of oxygen being wrapped up like that.
It’s too late now, but I wonder if it would’ve been better to cover the tank with a piece of plywood or something flat to prevent the dust and debris going in the tank while the work is going on. Then take it and leave the skimmer off when the work is done with open windows and/or fan running to circulate clean air into the room.
You could be right. Kinda didn’t think that through and was in a bit of a panic when I realized how strong the chemicals were :(

How long were you out of power? How is everything now?
We have had 6 or 7 outages this winter. The last two were bad. Ice storm hit us and we were out for 4 days!! The last nor easter we got we lost power for about a day and a half. Happy to report no casualties

We live way out on the tip of one of these long peninsulas in Casco bay Maine so we are usually the first to lose power, and last to get it back. But not the end of the world because our generator can power most of our house. Including the entire fish tank
IMG_5877.jpeg

We have had 6 or 7 outages this winter. The last two were bad. Ice storm hit us and we were out for 4 days!! The last nor easter we got we lost power for about a day and a half. Happy to report no casualties
We live way out on the tip of one of these long peninsulas in Casco bay Maine so we are usually the first to lose power, and last to get it back. But not the end of the world because our generator can power most of our house. Including the entire fish tankView attachment 204704
Wow. Good thing you had the generator. I can't imagine losing power that much. Do you also have a transfer switch? On a side note, I'll be in the area-ish in September. We're camping in Searsport.

Wow. Good thing you had the generator. I can't imagine losing power that much. Do you also have a transfer switch? On a side note, I'll be in the area-ish in September. We're camping in Searsport.
Yes we do have a transfer switch. No extension cords.

Back