Good news and bad news...

FinsUp!

Non-member
Well, the good news is that I finally got my hands on the fish I've wanted for about 10 years now...

uploadfromtaptalk1334684380627.jpg

Meet my new copperband butterfly! He just spent the week in qt at the LFS, and after passing his eating test (with flying colors I might add), he got to come home. He's about 3" long and settled in right away. One problem. He needs a name... Any suggestions? Id prefer it to be a human name :)

And now for the bad news. I woke up this morning to find my cherub angel at the foot of my bed. Crispy :( he's been in there for months without ever really leaving the rocks, so I've got a feeling he may have gotten into a scuffle with the Cbb and the cbb won. There was no sign of fighting on either fish, but I'm pretty sure there was some sort of territory dispute in the middle of the night that resulted in Randall spazzing out and jumping ship. Going to buy some mesh tonight and figure out how to get it to stay on and work it around the return plumbing. Thought I could get away without a top on the tank until I get my LEDS and finish the canopy but I guess not :(

uploadfromtaptalk1334685121266.jpg
RIP Randall... :(

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
:( sorry to hear ... did you try putting the fish back in the water though? I've read that "sometimes" they come back to life ...

I thought about it, but he was definitely very crispy. Dried solid, shriveled and cloudy eyeballs :( I feel really guilty for not having put some sort of mesh over the tank in the first place. It's getting done as soon as I get home tonight, though.

Ive seen it with my own two eyes where I found a wrasse on the carpet dried up and put him back in the tank in a breeder chamber...he came back to life. He was never the same and died 6 mths later but we called it Franky (frankenstein) for those 6 mths. Franky acted weird though...odd behavoirs after the accident.

...Now I feel doubly guilty for not trying to rehydrate him :( It was 5:30 am and I was pretty upset about losing him though so I wasn't in a thinking mindset... I'd like to replace him but now I'm afraid of dominance issues with the CBB. He very quickly made himself king of the tank. I've never seen such an active, territorial CBB. Funny thing is that he was in a tank with about 5 various dwarf angels at the LFS. Perhaps I'll name him Caesar?

Last edited:
sorry to hear about randall! ugh.

HEad to home depot, get a window screen kit, and they are pretty easy to install. That copperband is sweet! I would probably call him richie. looks like a richie to me.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back