Hey Everyone, new to BRS & saltwater aquariums, advice

BA7557

Non-member
I will be dipping my toes into the saltwater & sand reef world at the starting line of the marathon. Currently looking at purchasing a 20 gal AIO Rimless Nano. I have narrowed my choices down to Fiji 22.4 gal or the Waterbox 20 gal (both have a 17"x17" footprint). For my setup I'll be using the Intank media basket (floss/charcoal/ceramic) in 1st compartment, 2nd compartment a protein skimmer (?), 3rd compartment pump (Eheim, Sicce,?). I have a spot picked out that in the apt, 26"x18" on a counter but need to keep some open area next to the tank for keys, mail, wallet, & Alexa (LOL). I would greatly appreciate any input on the nano tank & equipment. Thanks

1651139299005.gif

I will be dipping my toes into the saltwater & sand reef world at the starting line of the marathon. Currently looking at purchasing a 20 gal AIO Rimless Nano. I have narrowed my choices down to Fiji 22.4 gal or the Waterbox 20 gal (both have a 17"x17" footprint). For my setup I'll be using the Intank media basket (floss/charcoal/ceramic) in 1st compartment, 2nd compartment a protein skimmer (?), 3rd compartment pump (Eheim, Sicce,?). I have a spot picked out that in the apt, 26"x18" on a counter but need to keep some open area next to the tank for keys, mail, wallet, & Alexa (LOL). I would greatly appreciate any input on the nano tank & equipment. Thanks
Welcome! Nanos are great I recommend a protein skimmer especially if you want a higher bio load. Look into either the tunze skimmer or I personally really like the aquamaxx nf-1. Sicce also makes great pumps, toss on a fandom flow generator nozzle on the end and also consider a wavemaker. As for the counter space, just be aware salt is corrosive and salt spray is a thing as well.

Welcome! Nanos are great I recommend a protein skimmer especially if you want a higher bio load. Look into either the tunze skimmer or I personally really like the aquamaxx nf-1. Sicce also makes great pumps, toss on a fandom flow generator nozzle on the end and also consider a wavemaker. As for the counter space, just be aware salt is corrosive and salt spray is a thing as well.
Thank you for the info on the aquamaxx nf-1. I just did a little reading and it may be the winning skimmer. The flow generator and wavemaker will definately be added.

This is an expensive hobby. I highly recommend finding a deal on a used system. People get in/out of the hobby all the time. Great deals on this forum and others.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back