Hydros wave engine?

Zirky

Non-member
Does anyone own a wave engine and would you mind answering a few dumb questions?
1) does it eliminate echotech power bricks?
2) if not does that free up two pump outputs?
3) does it work with jebao return pumps?
4) If so can I use the 0-10 ports for these?
5) whats the battery back up? Icecap? Or dare I dream a 12volt marine battery?
please forgive my research lazyness on this I find there YouTube videos have a lot of info to sift through and few answer’ to my specific questions.

I was able to reach coralvue and they responded quickly,however they wanted me to use a ticket or create an account with a password (I hate that crap) but I’ve learned you can use any12 volt battery for a backup and the unit lets you decide wich pumps and at what speed will run during a power failure also it will control my jebao return pumps through 0-10 ports but they didn’t say if that eliminates the controllers and bricks.

Reducing the clutter of bricks and controllers is very tempting. I would be interested to hear from someone that already uses it, but according to the description I think you can get rid of all but one supply brick.

Clutter Reduction

The clutter of power bricks, cables and controllers is becoming an increasing problem for reef keepers. The four pump driver outputs on the HYDROS WaveEngine replace the pump controller, power supplies and any necessary external wireless control modules. Best of all, the HYDROS WaveEngine can run four pumps off a single power supply!

Needless to say, it is easy to install. Simply toss out your existing power supplies and controllers, connect the HYDROS WaveEngine and you’re ready to start moving water.

if you run multiple wave pumps with one powersupply, you need a large powersupply that can handle all the power draw.
I will look into the total power consumption and check how much it will cost for such a power supply.

Carlos sent me another email today in response to more questions (no ticket or passwords) unfortunately for me the 0-10 won’t eliminate the power bricks and controlers for my jebao return pumps or mp40’s. So for me the gains would be wireless control of my maxpect’s, 12 volt marine battery and mp40 to maxspect sync antisync capacity. No reduction ugly stuff.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back