ID Please ~ Bright coloration

Great Scotch

Eager salt beaver
Ok so below is the picture or my zoo frag I never really notice this color before...its so bright all of a sudden to me within the last week or two. I also saw it but a little more dull on another frag I got again within about a week. I noticed it maybe for the fact that I see it creeping over a polyp that isnt open and I haven't evr really seen open. What the heck is this stuff?

~Scotch

Attachments

• zoos and what.jpg
    zoos and what.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 219
I'm thinking your talking about your red ish pink ish algae right ? if so It kinda looks like hairline algae IMO? I have some of that stuff growing on my half dead cap I think?

I'm thinking your talking about your red ish pink ish algae right ?

Ok I am corlor deficient in the green spectrum But to me it looks yellow. Its that yellow/maybe green but light green spot pretty much dead center in the picture. if you look at that small branch off sticking a little to the left thats a polyp not LR.

Despite what the algae may be, i've never heard of algae browning a zoa. It may be that you have too much or too little light.

Ok I am color deficient in the green spectrum But to me it looks yellow. Its that yellow/maybe green but light green spot pretty much dead center in the picture. if you look at that small branch off sticking a little to the left thats a polyp not LR.

Now I see what you mean I've seen that on some rubble I have I could never figure out what it was? sorry I know that doesn't help but at least I know what your talking about now! lol

Now I see what you mean I've seen that on some rubble I have I could never figure out what it was? sorry I know that doesn't help but at least I know what your talking about now! lol

No prob royalty. Like I said my eyes dont see color the way most people do. Which can be cool cause I'll look at something and go wow thats a crazy color.....someone else will be like, this dudes nuts its just green?One thing I did remember is that my LFS is that where I saw some of this coloration. I also tended to see bubble algea in those spots. This just came to me a little bit ago. I have no algea like that anywhere in my tank just on two frags and only a small patch. Just trying to catch something in the act if I can. for now it can live but it better walk on egg shells....

It's a little hard to tell with the limited focus in the pic, but by chance is there one or a few little bright WHITE TUBE looking things and the bright color is a hairy looking algae growing from the upper 1/2 - 2/3 of the white tubes?

Looks like some kind of lime green sponge. Cool!! I have bright yellow sponge growning in tank, but never seen lime green before.

I dont know cause it doesnt seem to be doing anything but covering some serface area on the rock and the side of a polyp. it doesnt seem raised at all.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back