Invert only

CoralJunkie

John
BRS Member
I’ve decided to do an invert only tank. What would you all recommend for cool and interesting inverts? Tank is a 32 gallon biocube.

octopus
IMG_2278.jpeg

I'm a sucker for harlequin shrimp and think they would be great for a setup like that. You should still be able to keep some other cool inverts with them as well.

I'm a sucker for harlequin shrimp and think they would be great for a setup like that. You should still be able to keep some other cool inverts with them as well.
I went with a bit of everyone’s suggestions. I got a pair of harlequins and a bonded pair of blood red shrimp from divers den. The other suggestion of an octopus was very cool so I went out and bought another tank which is now cycling . Once its finally cycled and established I’ll try my luck with an octopus.

I went with a bit of everyone’s suggestions. I got a pair of harlequins and a bonded pair of blood red shrimp from divers den. The other suggestion of an octopus was very cool so I went out and bought another tank which is now cycling . Once its finally cycled and established I’ll try my luck with an octopus.
I don’t know if it’s true but I’ve heard that you need to face the tank away from your other tank mates. Apparently if the octopus sees them it can actually escape some how and eat the animals in other tanks and be back in its own by morning. Might be totally a lie just what I heard lol

I don’t know if it’s true but I’ve heard that you need to face the tank away from your other tank mates. Apparently if the octopus sees them it can actually escape some how and eat the animals in other tanks and be back in its own by morning. Might be totally a lie just what I heard lol
He's 100% correct on that so hopefully you don't have the tanks near or facing each other

This reminded me of the octopus escape from a aquarium/zoo. They are crafty/smart.

Octopus Escape NYT

Back