Waterbox marine 110.4 build

reefstarter

Non-member
Hello everyone, I’m back
After a 3 year break from hobby to get things in order without the added stress of a reef tank I’m back . About a month ago I still had it set in my mind I wasn’t going to do it and I made a mistake. We went to Mystic aquarium….. literally on the way home from there I got a Waterbox marine 90 and put African Chiclids in it . Thinking yep this will calm my urges. Today I got a Waterbox marine 110 . This will be my reef . I’m still sort of mulling over equipment. One thing for sure I’m setting up an apex with auto water changes and trident . Yeah I know I’ll still have to test but not every day . I’m leaning toward XR15 x 2 for lighting . Kalkwasser will be my main source of supplements ( possibly ) unless I can find a 2 part I’d be happy with . For corals I’m thinking LPS dominant with a couple spa tossed in to see how they do . Also a UV .

Attachments

• DA3C0DD6-2C76-4745-BF0F-F8F07210C232.jpeg
    DA3C0DD6-2C76-4745-BF0F-F8F07210C232.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 15A7AD7E-A9FB-4DA0-BDC1-2AC8C5CCA9C3.jpeg
    15A7AD7E-A9FB-4DA0-BDC1-2AC8C5CCA9C3.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 155
Hello everyone, I’m back
After a 3 year break from hobby to get things in order without the added stress of a reef tank I’m back . About a month ago I still had it set in my mind I wasn’t going to do it and I made a mistake. We went to Mystic aquarium….. literally on the way home from there I got a Waterbox marine 90 and put African Chiclids in it . Thinking yep this will calm my urges. Today I got a Waterbox marine 110 . This will be my reef . I’m still sort of mulling over equipment. One thing for sure I’m setting up an apex with auto water changes and trident . Yeah I know I’ll still have to test but not every day . I’m leaning toward XR15 x 2 for lighting . Kalkwasser will be my main source of supplements ( possibly ) unless I can find a 2 part I’d be happy with . For corals I’m thinking LPS dominant with a couple spa tossed in to see how they do . Also a UV .
Cool! Welcome back to reefing. Do you plan to go with live rock or dry rock for your new tank. I had really fantastic luck this past fall when I set up a second tank, this time with established LR from Love the Reef. It was literally an instant tank. Metabolized ammonia to nitrate the day I added it.

Cool! Welcome back to reefing. Do you plan to go with live rock or dry rock for your new tank. I had really fantastic luck this past fall when I set up a second tank, this time with established LR from Love the Reef. It was literally an instant tank. Metabolized ammonia to nitrate the day I added it.
I’m in no rush with this one , I may not get it wet till fall . Still have to clean up my basement set up mixing tanks revamp maybe go all new rodi etc etc etc . If you’d seen what I had before you would understand lol. I’m going as simple as I can this time with focus on it being low maintenance as possible.

Haha I was just at mystic aquarium yesterday. My son saw the anenome tank and that was it, back in the hobby.

I’ve aquired 2 100 gallon storage tanks and built a stand in basement under the tank . Decided on pumps and skimmer and lights ( though DZT won’t like them lol) AI hydra 32 and red dragon pumps and skimmer . I’m still not sure about powerheads . I like the vortexes for ease of maintenance and no cord in the tank but seems like they don’t last . Each wet side is 100 bucks .
3AE61273-6E9F-463B-86FE-DA926424E3C5.jpeg
3AE61273-6E9F-463B-86FE-DA926424E3C5.jpeg

I’ve aquired 2 100 gallon storage tanks and built a stand in basement under the tank . Decided on pumps and skimmer and lights ( though DZT won’t like them lol) AI hydra 32 and red dragon pumps and skimmer . I’m still not sure about powerheads . I like the vortexes for ease of maintenance and no cord in the tank but seems like they don’t last . Each wet side is 100 bucks . View attachment 177371View attachment 177371
Yah, I don’t like your choice of lights, just kidding.
I will say 4x AI prime 16 HD is much better than 2x Hydra 32.
Here is my reasoning:
1. Prime is 59w, Hydra 32 is 90w, they use the same led clusters, but they dial down the 32 due to heat.
2. You can space out 4 Prime

I like the new spread the light out trend . It works and I do like the reefbreeders lights I just need to get solid assurance it won’t have a rainbow of colors bouncing around on the sand , like those old black box leds . And with a red reeders light there’s more than enough punch for sps . All I’d have to do is convince the wife to let me do sps again lol . Honestly I’m not sure I’d want to . I love them but with sps you have to be on top of it every day . LPs and softies are more forgiving

Placed tanks on stand , still have to get all the parts to plumb it in . Slowly…… need time to convince the wife for me to do full SPS. Lol

Attachments

• F3036E9D-D841-40B2-9019-35C3AD97EFB6.jpeg
    F3036E9D-D841-40B2-9019-35C3AD97EFB6.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 114
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back