Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Let's kick off the new year in style and have a photo contest

Add a heading.png
Rules are as follows:

• Open to all Paid Members
  • Voting is open to everyone
  • Submitted photo has to be of your own personal currently running tank regardless of subject
  • Photo must be submitted as a Thumbnail, not full size or it's automatically disqualified
  • Failure to follow any of the above will disqualify the entry
How it works:
  • Members can submit a thumbnail photo by replying to the thread
  • Any member can use reactions to vote for a winning photograph
  • Reaction totals along with each image thumbnail will show at the top of the thread
  • Winning photo will have a choice of prizes to be added at a later date

Contest will end on January 31st

Last edited:
Let's kick off the new year in style and have a photo contest

View attachment 187365Rules are as follows:

• Open to all Paid Members
  • Voting is open to everyone
  • Submitted photo has to be of your own personal currently running tank regardless of subject
  • Photo must be submitted as a Thumbnail, not full size or it's automatically disqualified
  • Failure to follow any of the above will disqualify the entry
How it works:
  • Members can submit a thumbnail photo by replying to the thread
  • Any member can use reactions to vote for a winning photograph
  • Reaction totals along with each image thumbnail will show at the top of the thread
  • Winning photo will have a choice of prizes to be added at a later date

Contest will end on January 31st
9DDAAE91-2CF1-4DFC-AD2C-87BE09CB69EC.jpeg

For those members that are using your phones to submit photos to this thread, choose the "Attach Files" and then select 'Thumbnail". If you click on the "Insert Image" icon, it'll auto add full sized. Please do not do this, as I don't want to eliminate entries going further.

What I like about this picture is that it's a very basic soft Coral tank. You can be in this Hobby without spending a ton of money and still have something that looks nice. I've been in this hobby a while but I've only been a member of Boston Reef Society for a month or two as I was a member of the Connecticut Area Reef Society before that. As I look at the picture I'm noticing that three of the corals came from Boston Reef Society members. The Green Tree Coral as it was called came from a member named Manny Cabral from the Providence area. The rainbow bubble tip came from @LaxFrags a couple of years ago and I recently got the green nepthea in the foreground from @Slombardi at this year's fracgsgiving event. And the only reason I was able to get that frag was because I had just met another BRS member, @Sikorskym14, who lives in the next town over and was going to Fragsgiving and offered to pick up some corals for me. So I guess at the end of it this picture sums up what the club has done for me. I couldn't figure out the thumbnail option so I tried to shrink the photo hopefully it works
.20230114_121043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back