Jokers 75g upgrade build

Joker

Viking Corals
BRS Member
Figured I would share the progress with everyone. I don't know exactly how fast this will progress but hey it will be fun. I did up a 3d model of what I would like it to look like. I think I have it all correct. The only things that I forgot to add in the model is quick disconnects. How thick should the glass be for outside box(drains)? Let me know what you guys think.

20211011_133945.jpg
20211011_133931.jpg

Looks good. I'd think that reversing the plumbing so that the returns are closer on the grow out tank. Less of a run than further away.
I wanted to that but my 40g frag tank is already drilled that way. I mean i could swap the 75g around as it's not drilled yet. Would it hurt the drain line if I swapped it?

Figured I would share the progress with everyone. I don't know exactly how fast this will progress but hey it will be fun. I did up a 3d model of what I would like it to look like. I think I have it all correct. The only things that I forgot to add in the model is quick disconnects. How thick should the glass be for outside box(drains)? Let me know what you guys think.

View attachment 166847View attachment 166848
Looks great, what is under the frag tank? Also will you be painting the backs? Might hide the long run from the frag tank.

Looks great, what is under the frag tank? Also will you be painting the backs? Might hide the long run from the frag tank.
Nothing it's just a frame. I store my portable frag tank there when it's not inuse. Yes I do plan on painting the 75s back

All the plumbing has been ordered and will be here by friday, got the 40b sump, next I got to get glass cut for the baffles

Damn I hate when I don't think. I forgot to measure the inside of the stand before getting my new 40b sump. Well now I go to put the sump into the stand and it won't fit. It's off by 1.25" like whyyyyy. So I have to scrap my plans of having all this room with a 40b and go with a smaller 20L. Uuhh

Damn I hate when I don't think. I forgot to measure the inside of the stand before getting my new 40b sump. Well now I go to put the sump into the stand and it won't fit. It's off by 1.25" like whyyyyy. So I have to scrap my plans of having all this room with a 40b and go with a smaller 20L. Uuhh
No way to disassemble and build around the sump?

Can you go a taller sump??? like a 29 gallon??? You gotta think...if them things drain back into a 20 gallon O_O......I had a low boy, and a deep blue connected, and the water drain after power loss, about 3/4 filled my 55 gallon sump.

Do you guys think if I put 2x4s where the red lines are in the attached pic, would it add the support the stand needs?
20211021_115818.jpg

Instead of a center beam?
Yes instead of having the piece going from top to bottom in the middle. I want to remove this piece and a chunk of the bottom trim. Is put a x and scribbled the parts I want to remove. I would be placing 2x4s in each corner and can put the across the tops too
20211021_115818.jpg

I did have a 48inch tank on a stand with no center support, but the top beam was doubled up 2x6s. I had a vertical center support in the back. Corner posts were beefy too. It's possible, but required some substantial overbuilding. If I were to do it again I would probably make the center vertical post removable, put the sump in, set up the plumbing, and then screw down the vertical.

If I put the braces at the ends no. But if I put a brace in the center yes.
Got it. What about a thinner brace? Could you fit it if you have 1x4 verticals instead of 2x4? I would be down with doubling up on the end and adding the 1x4s in the center.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back