Light recommendations

Sdeluca10

BRS Member
Recommendations of a light. I’m helping someone set up a 40 gallon breeder saltwater tank. He’s looking for a simple setup. Mostly Fowler, maybe down the road experiment with cheap easy growing soft corals and depending how much he likes the upkeep of having a tank. He’s running a 40 gallon breeder with 2 emperor 400 filters an Amazon special powerhead and a heater. Has live sand already. I’m looking for recommendations for an inexpensive light. If he ends up growing the route of corals then he’ll invest in a better one but it’s looking to get the feel for it for now so he doesn’t wanna spend a ton on a light. Any suggestions. Or does anyone have anything for sale. (Inexpensive like less than 200 bucks).

A used (or free) T5 fixture and bulbs would be around $100 to $200.

There are some lights in for for sale section.

Here’s a couple:
36” ReefBreeders for $300
36” T5 / MH hybrid for $50

Recommendations of a light. I’m helping someone set up a 40 gallon breeder saltwater tank. He’s looking for a simple setup. Mostly Fowler, maybe down the road experiment with cheap easy growing soft corals and depending how much he likes the upkeep of having a tank. He’s running a 40 gallon breeder with 2 emperor 400 filters an Amazon special powerhead and a heater. Has live sand already. I’m looking for recommendations for an inexpensive light. If he ends up growing the route of corals then he’ll invest in a better one but it’s looking to get the feel for it for now so he doesn’t wanna spend a ton on a light. Any suggestions. Or does anyone have anything for sale. (Inexpensive like less than 200 bucks).
I have some used lights for a FOLR tank. Cheap. I’ll bump the posts

He ended up going with this one. Any input, good, bad, or indifferent

Attachments

• 02725594-3E4E-4545-BB14-6EE8505E1E37.jpeg
    02725594-3E4E-4545-BB14-6EE8505E1E37.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 142
Back