Lighting Question

PFas52

BRS Member
Hello everyone,

I've been a member for a few months but never posted. Here is my 2 year old Custom Aquariums 5ftx2ftx2ft 150 gallon tank (Not the greatest pics of the lighting inside the tank). I have a question about lighting for everyone. At the moment I'm running 2 AI Hydra 26's and 2 AI Primes. I'm debating between either replacing the 2 Primes with 2 Hydra 32's or just taking them all down and going with a ReefBreeders Photon 50-V2+. Anyone have any suggestions on this? I do have a center brace on the tank so the single puck Primes just aren't cutting it as far as light distribution. The other issue is the highest I can get my lights off the tank is like 8 inches.

IMG_8806.JPG

IMG_8807.JPG

My Photon v2 50 is also ~8 inches off the water on my 220. I think it will work even better on your tank due to the length of your tank and where your bracing falls. In my case I have 2 cross braces and they fall under some of the leds (your's would not) which creates some shadowing. I mitigate the shadowing with 2 additional lights on either side of the photon to both cover my outer most sides and blend the shadowing away.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back