littlest reefs

yes that is a lot of weight and the weight is at a one location (not spreading it out the entire room).
I would do some beam support underneath the floor

Zee I figured you would just drive me over some lally columns to stick under it the next time you get frags.

An engineer is already checking out one aspect of our remodel, I will have a discussion. Tank is going to be made by reef savy, stand by chris benner.

Since the tank is fish only I suppose I can still be the littlest reef until I cave and put coral in it.

I have 3 kids under 6, reefing it just seems unlikely near term but will happen at some point. Tank is going to take a year to build, going to be a lot of staring into the distance and soul searching in that time about what goes in it.

An engineer is already checking out one aspect of our remodel, I will have a discussion. Tank is going to be made by reef savy, stand by chris benner.
Nice on the tank builder, they were way out of my price range at almost double what miracles and coast to coast quoted. They make absolutely stunning tanks from what I have seen. Think they wanted around 12k just for the tank without shipping for my 270.

Hi, I am exhuming this because my home reno has about 2 (probably 4) months left and that means it's time to get serious. Also my tanks are gone, I was evicted, I'm living in my parents house with my 3 kids and my wife is about to have our fourth child (due date was yesterday), I need something to live for.

I am no longer looking at a fish-only, no longer looking at a massive tank. Also, the engineering issue above was resolved, the tank is going to sit directly over my existing concrete foundation, I don't see that there is any need to investigate weight distribution further.

I am looking mostly at peninsula tanks. I am between the Cade 1800 S2/P and the Red Sea 950 G2+. There is a chance I come down 1 peg on size on both of these models I haven't decided yet. There is also 5% of me that wants to do a square, maybe 48x48 or a 40x40. These issues are mainly regarding how much of an intrusion into the room my wife will view the shape. She is very into the tank but not into totally cluttering up our new living room.

In the interim I am scratching the itch by rehabbing my sister's 29 gallon fish only into a simple reef. This tank was loaded wall to wall with hair and bubble algae. Non-reef safe fish were removed, I added a Hydra 32, new HOB aquaclear running simple bio media and chemipure, and an aquamax bullet hang on skimmer that almost immediately started sucking sludge out of the water. I also added 4 bottles of ecopods to attempt to curb the algae problem while also adding some beneficial life to the tank. After a number of water changes tester corals went in today and look good. Will get a revised shot asap.

IMG_7500.jpeg

Nightmare fuel. Probably 300 asterinas came out of this tank. There must be some sort of bristle worm in the sand scaring them out because they’re reacting the way they would with a harlequin shrimp.

IMG_7288.jpeg

New tank will ultimately sit in this room when done as partial room divider. This week rough plumbing included putting RODI hookup in closet off to the left so I can setup a couple 30 gallon cylinders for mixing.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back