Liz’s Waterbox 70.3

In my experience with just these three- they seem to stick together. Sometimes I’ll see one hanging out on his own, but its only a three foot tank so I am not sure how they would act if given more room. These are the first I have ever had. Got them about three months ago.

Just a pic of my favorite fish and some night time polyp extension.

B91A7473-0D34-482E-AB9C-97CF4EB018BA.jpeg
C6ACE148-75F7-4CFC-9948-69C33F441188.jpeg

Thanks for the video enjoyed it... If you ever need to frag that acan at the front left of the tank I would gladly give it a nice home lol!!!

Also where do you plan on putting those acan frags eventually?

Thanks for the video enjoyed it... If you ever need to frag that acan at the front left of the tank I would gladly give it a nice home lol!!!

Also where do you plan on putting those acan frags eventually?

I may sell that piece I haven’t decided yet. It is a TSA Solar Flare Micromussa acan. I would love to frag it but I don’t have a band saw, just a dremel tool.

I think I may put them on the rock to the left of the elegance. Or get rid of the gorgonians and put them there.

It is getting a little harder envisioning where things should go now. I am trying to let things grow so I dont have a tank full of frags.

I have also thought about getting rid of all the sps because they just grow so slow!!

Bad news- my return pump died. Vectra controller is blinking orange and red. Apparently that means the motor is bad. How the heck is that possible its not even two years old?! $300 gone and ecotech is on vacation for the holidays.

Unbelievable! I stopped my dosing pump and threw my heater in the display. So now I need to top off by hand daily and manually test and dose alk/cal/mg. Im not happy! Im also worried I will lose corals over this. But I figure frequent small water changes and testing will help me push through.

I bought a new one since ecotech will take forever to help me. So freaking expensive. These should last much longer than two years given the price.

Anyways- here is a dirty shot I took yesterday before cleaning the glass. This is what it looks like after about four days without cleaning anything.

9C4DBA00-FE20-4247-8D42-4A37D8916D00.jpeg

You could always plumb in a second return pump for redundancy or purchase a 2nd one so you'll always have one on hand for a quick replacement... I personally like the having a second on one hand but that's just me...

You could always plumb in a second return pump for redundancy or purchase a 2nd one so you'll always have one on hand for a quick replacement... I personally like the having a second on one hand but that's just me...

Thats was the plan just never got around to ordering one. Especially because im always wanting the expensive stuff.

I picked up a pond pump from lowes. Its not as strong as I would like, but at least it will allow me to use my ato and dosing pump again. If I am lucky- ecotech will cover the pump under warranty and I will have two Vectras

Honestly- with all the manual testing I have been doing the tank looks pretty unphased. Im much less stressed about it. Keeping the heaters in the display because my return rate is so low.

Here is how messy it is right now
5A5CC7CD-77E2-47D5-82EA-B62F7312783A.jpeg
6AE3ADC8-BE8D-440A-B460-0FD361810A02.jpeg

You could always get a cheap AC powered pump for a backup like a Sicce. I'd be sort of cautious with a pond pump unless it specifically says it can be used for saltwater applications...

Some night time photos under heavy blues.

This BSA Acan is stunning. It is super green and teal with a dark blue center. It looks amazing in person.

177987DF-9D48-4DF1-B58B-914053075CA6.jpeg

57AB007C-4951-422E-BA2C-A956AAE3B9A1.jpeg

Zoa garden looks nice. Need to make some more frags of the God of Wars

2DBAA20B-5D97-47B0-B564-6D3DC66CDBC7.jpeg

Micromussa acan
4F3AAB74-B0A6-4621-BA87-75C8C1C74560.jpeg

Found a baby rock flower nem
389E9800-2003-4B64-A2AF-1B71264D933B.jpeg

This snail needs a major hair cut
D01A73E1-DA46-47FC-9EF1-8BA8381DDC73.jpeg

This is getting some peach highlights finally
CA2C9FFE-F511-46E2-86B3-BBFC2910B230.jpeg