Looking for advice: powerheads in 60g cube

jlbrew3

Non-member
Hi everyone - I have a 60g cube that *should* be arriving some time in October. I’ve had a number of freshwater tanks but am new to the reef game. Been trying to research powerhead options and seem to have settled on the Nero line as they seem to offer plenty of flow and customizability for far less than the Ecotech MPs. My question is whether I need 1 or 2 and if it’s worth going for the Nero 5 or sticking with the Nero 3. I’m going to assume most people will recommend I buy 2 as that’s what I see on many pictures of tanks of this size. However, my default would be to get 2 Nero 3s. Is that short-sighted? Should I get 2 of the Nero 5s? Thanks!

I had 2 MP10s on my 60 cube tank and it was good. There were a few dead spots with the centered rock scape but it was good enough to grow all acros. Placement is key in any small - medium tank.

I’ve got a pair of MP10s with a control module (apex WXM) I ran on my 60 cube I would part with
Appreciate it but my 60 cube ended up getting delayed through January ‘22 (at best). My LFS had a Reefer 250 in stock at the beginning of the month and I grabbed that. Ended up going with a pair of MP40s and the glass is too thick for the MP10s

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back