WTB Looking to add a school of Green Chromis & Bangai Cardinal

Have you looked into anthias or wrasses? I think of this every time someone mentions a school of chromis.
A7577BE7-D747-450D-A34D-B5D617F1A245.jpeg

Chromis MacLeod holding a sign, “There can be only one.”

It's been my experience that they only school when there's a predator they fear. Otherwise, they kill each other until there is only one in the tank. Do some research before you invest.

It's been my experience that they only school when there's a predator they fear. Otherwise, they kill each other until there is only one in the tank. Do some research before you invest.
I've had 3 lyretail anthias in a 150 gallon tank for 5 years now. They bicker but they don't kill each other. But they definitely don't school either. I'm actually going to sell them if I can ever catch them. They're gorgeous and the male is the biggest I've ever seen but I don't really like having fish in the tank that are bickering all the time.

I've had 3 lyretail anthias in a 150 gallon tank for 5 years now. They bicker but they don't kill each other. But they definitely don't school either. I'm actually going to sell them if I can ever catch them. They're gorgeous and the male is the biggest I've ever seen but I don't really like having fish in the tank that are bickering all the time.
How often do u feed

Twice a day - morning and evening. I feed a fair amount though
Try an auto feeder going four times a day, small amounts. Keeps them from bickering much since they have enough to eat. Crushed flake seems to work well for them since it floats around the tank better than pellets do, and they can spend a while just snatching it out of the current.

Back