Mike's 270-gallon custom build

Mounted the lights to the rail today to see how it will work. This is a 30mm aluminum extrusion that is powder coated black. I was able to find standoffs with a 6mm female thread to work with the reef breeders stock hanging mounting points and then put a 30mm T nut on the end of the standoff.

All 6 reefbreeders have the wifi upgrade or are pro's so can be controller from my phone for programming and functionality. Hopefully they will do the trick at least for a while.

The adjustable cable hangers are suppose to be rated for 50# each and the entire rack with the lights is about 1/4 of that so should be good.

lights on rail.jpg
lights on rail 2.jpg
lights on rail 3.jpg

Nice! we did one of those a couple years ago too!!View attachment 170138
Nice, I still have to pour the deck in the spring and finish putting the fence up. Nicole and I did the whole thing ourselves had to raise the grade 4' on the other side of our house and bring in 1600 yards of material, but you can now walk out of our living room doors into the pool area.

Nice, I still have to pour the deck in the spring and finish putting the fence up. Nicole and I did the whole thing ourselves had to raise the grade 4' on the other side of our house and bring in 1600 yards of material, but you can now walk out of our living room doors into the pool area.

Attachments

• 20210818_094127.jpg
    20210818_094127.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 190
Looks good! That first year with no pool deck sucked!. We had a very similar situation, think they brought in about 12 dump truck loads of fill for the back side on the deep end. Brought the grade up about 6". We are in it pretty much every day all summer long though.

The trim I was roughly trying to emulate
trim 2.jpg

Here is what I ended up with, just a couple coats of paint left on top trim.
final trim 1.jpg

I will put a top rail of some sort on the short overflow side against the wall to make it completely finished but need to have the actual tank first to work out the overflow plumbing for the external overflow box.
final trim 2.jpg

Lights suspended obviously be higher up with the tank in place, just testing the cables at the moment.
light 4.jpg

Ataches to the ceiling to 2x4's screwed in between the joists
light 3.jpg

Height adjustable with quick locks, each of which can handle weight of entire light fixture on its own
light 2.jpg

light 1.jpg

Attachments

• light 4.jpg
    light 4.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 167
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back