Mike's 270-gallon custom build

Nope, just plugged in and wrapped some electrical tape around the connection for water or moisture needs.
Extension cord doesn’t help here. The issue isn’t the cord from the outlet to power supply. It is the cord from power supply to light. It is hard wired on power supply end and has quick connect for light on the other. I could always put the power supply closer to edge of stand but that defeats what I am trying to do cleaning everything up with the control panel

Last edited:
AF839E5D-FA3E-4033-923A-F618F483AA41.jpeg
I use these 3m is also a good choice just crimp em and heat em. There’s goo that forms a watertight seal as they shrink

Extension cord doesn’t help here. The issue isn’t the cord from the outlet to power supply. It is the cord from power supply to light. It is hard wired on power supply end and has quick connect for light on the other. I could always not. Punt the power supply and move closer to edge of stand but that defeats what I am trying to do cleaning everything up
Try contacting the light manufacturer to see if they have or know what type of ends connect between the quick connects.

Extension cord doesn’t help here. The issue isn’t the cord from the outlet to power supply. It is the cord from power supply to light. It is hard wired on power supply end and has quick connect for light on the other. I could always not. Punt the power supply and move closer to edge of stand but that defeats what I am trying to do cleaning everything up
Gotcha, sorry I misunderstood.

Fingers crossed, Logan at Reefbreeders said he would reach out to the factory and see if they can make some extension cables in the near future that they could offer as an option for people like me that need them

This is happening,, huge shout out to Logan Vanghele at Reff Breeders. He has already sourced the connectors and is working on getting the cables made. Hopefully this will be an item available to people if they need them in the future. Cables will be just over 6' long.

That looks awesome, have you considered pre-drilling the rocks for frag plugs? Saw this video recently:

Great job I love the islands around the main structure.
Those little islands won’t actually stay. This is my working surface and have just finished one structure. 4 of the little islands are more foundation pieces that I could make 4 more structures

I will be trying to make a bit of an island type feel though

That looks awesome, have you considered pre-drilling the rocks for frag plugs? Saw this video recently:

This is interesting and nice if you want to move things or take something out to trim it. I may think about that.

About time you finished my tank and stand. I will be over to pick up tonight. lol
Awesome job and quality
Getting there! People always talk about their forever home. We think we have that so now this is my forever tank so taking lots of time and doing what I want. Would love to have gone even bigger but didnt seem to fit the space if I did.

Going a little overboard I guess in some aspects like all pressurized plubming being red and all drains being blue. Have the emergency drain you can see in the pic with the end of it being yellow so very easy for me to say to someone is there any water coming out of the yellow pipe? If so I can turn off my return pump. I may also put a flow meter on there so if any flow registers I get an alarm from my controller. Trying to really account for as much as I can here.

Getting there! People always talk about their forever home. We think we have that so now this is my forever tank so taking lots of time and doing what I want. Would love to have gone even bigger but didnt seem to fit the space if I did.

Going a little overboard I guess in some aspects like all pressurized plubming being red and all drains being blue. Have the emergency drain you can see in the pic with the end of it being yellow so very easy for me to say to someone is there any water coming out of the yellow pipe? If so I can turn off my return pump. I may also put a flow meter on there so if any flow registers I get an alarm from my controller. Trying to really account for as much as I can here.
What flowmeter are you using? I’ve been looking for one

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back