Mike's 270-gallon custom build

Got the bashsea sump on line, this can handle a couple thousand gallons an hour going through it into the rubbermaid sump below so should work out great. Likely have about 1000 gph going through the display after head loss.

1644785075378.png

Finished up all the plumbing lines on the basement side. All three drains and the return line plumbed up through the floor under the stand now just need to connect to the tank once in place

1644785160079.png

1644785258014.png

New frag tank to plumb in, thanks MLemming. This will function much better than the 40B I had tied in there. Need to drill it for an overflow, modify or build a new stand and get it plumbed up. 50G lowboy, these things have great dimensions for frag tanks!

1645466718330.png

In my trailer!!! The guys from Love the Reef are coming over this morning to move it onto th stand.

Very happy with the build quality.

Was a little worried that my four vortechs wouldn't fit on the sides of the overflow (It is bigger than I was think although I had all the measurements so not sure why I didn't lay it out) but they do all fit nicely.

1646747705915.png

1646747748577.png

Rock is in after spending the better part of last week and the weekend plumbing, leak testing, the taking plumbing apart to reseat a bulkhead in the middle of the overflow and then filling back up. Got the rock in the other day and sand last night. Still pretty cloudy but at least I can see though the tank this morning. Couldn't even see the rock when I was done adding sand last night.

1647258128950.png

Looks awesome! Happy birthday? Or is that to celebrate the new tank :D

Curious, what's your flow situation? Do I see 4 MP40's and a gyre?

Looks awesome! Happy birthday? Or is that to celebrate the new tank :D

Curious, what's your flow situation? Do I see 4 MP40's and a gyre?
Sign is left over from kids bird at a while ago. For flow that is not a gyre and is a heater in the tank. With volume I am not sure the sump volume is enough to hear the tank.

you do spot 4 EcoTech but it is 2 mp60s and 2 mp 40s all running on nutrient export mode. The two right pumps are paired and the two left are paired and both sides are running antibsync to each other.

Built a new stand for the frag tank so I can get that plumbed in, nothing elaborate just 2x4 structure Painted the bottom, back and right side overflow wall of the tank black.
1648031344932.png

Drilled the tank for the Eshopps overflow, this thing is extremely low profile. Needed to modify the internal box a bit and cut a notch out of the back side so I could mount it high enough and not have the tank trim interfere.

1648031446138.png

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back